Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjanarth
    • Jan 2002

Adobe Premiere and VOB Files

Before I open a VOB file in Adobe Premiere what do I have to do ? If I just open it up it only showes it as a audio file. Same thing with MS Movie Maker software. I thought VOB was MPEG-2 ? I can just play the VOB file using MS Media Player with out any problem. - Thanks - Jay
  • Diesel
    • Dec 2001

use smart ripper to stream strip. ie select the vob click on the streams you want to rip - usually Video + AC3 English and select demux to seperate files. You should be left with the Audio and an m2v file which is the video. - this will play in premiere

remember VOB's or Video Objects are complex files with the Video and Audio Multiplexed together.

Diesel

Comment

• jjanarth
      • Jan 2002

Thanks for the info now I can get 2 set of files, one is the AC3 Audio and the other is a MPEG file. The good news is that I can open each file in MS Media Player, but the bad news is that I cant open them in Adobe Premiere. What am I doing Wrong ?
      Last edited by jjanarth; 14 Jan 2002, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• dragonfly35
        • Jan 2002

I used Smart Rip and FlaskMPEG to convert 4 DVD File to AVI. I was going to combine them together using Adobe Premier 6 and make one AVI or DIVX file but for some reason I am not able to view the files in Premier. The sound is fine but I cant se the video. I can take a media player and the AVI plays fine but not in Premier. It looks like I am having the same problem as you. If you come up with the answer to this problem let me know. I will continue looking for an answer on this issue and will post it as soon as I find it.

Comment

Working...