Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sunny4b
    • Sep 2003

TMPGEnc - After finishing encoding, No sound to video

I am using TMEGEnc to encode avi files and when you play back after it has finished encoding the AVI, there is no sound but only picture.

Is there something in the setting that I am missing or have I not got particular codec...??? I have been frustrated with this for long time and only managed find out about this forum so hoping that someone will be able to help.

Any response will be appreciated.

Thanks in advances.
  • Satan Claus
    • Apr 2003

virtualdub

you`re not using the right tool...
    use virtualdub to encode avi files, its better for that purpose...
    leave tmpgenc for mpgs...

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

If, in fact, what you are trying to do is to use TMPGEnc to convert an .AVI into an MPEG format (MPEG-1, VCD, MPEG-2, SVCD):

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub (or any of its variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

The audiostream is probably in either .AC3 format or Variable Bitrate MPEG Layer 3 (VBR .MP3).

If it proves to be .AC3:

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to the highest priority. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

If it proves to be VBR:

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio

Simply use NanDub or VirtualDubMOD (Different than standard VirtualDub), to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
      1) Load your original .AVI into NanDub

2)Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode" (NanDub only -For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Full Processing Mode")
      From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose "No compression(PCM)" (NanDub only - For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Compression" and choose "No compression(PCM)")

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (In VIrtualDubMOD, "Save WAV" is located under the "Streams" drodpown menu) (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"

5) Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (NanDub - set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file. - For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>click on the listed audiostream and then select "Disable").

6) Open TMPGEnc and FIRST "drag and drop" the silent .AVI onto it, then do the same with the .WAV file.

Comment

• sunny4b
        • Sep 2003

Thanks for the replay.

You are right, in fact, I am trying to do is to use TMPGEnc to convert an .AVI into an MPEG-2, SVCD format.

I will try this soon and advise how I got on.

Thanks again for the replay.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Thanks again for the replay."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• sunny4b
            • Sep 2003

I have converted the .AC3: AVI sucessfully in MPEG 2 format for the SVCD but I am having no luck with VBR-MP3 AVIs.

I have tried using both Nandub and VurtualDubMOD but not been sucessful. Problem is saving the AVI in 'no audio' mode, I can not find within the menus where you save the .AVI file with 'no audio'.

Saving the Audio in .WAV is no problem but not having any luck saving the .AVI with 'no audio' i.e. your steps 1-4 done successfully but having problems with step 5 within your instructions.

Sorry to be pain but any help would be appreciated as I believe I am almost there now.

Thanks again in advance.

Regards,
            Sandip.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

NanDub - From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "No audio"...

Comment

• sunny4b
                • Sep 2003

Thanks for the reply.

I am now able to covert .AVI (AC3 and VBR MP3) into MPEG-2 in TMPGenc sucessfully.

One final question: Is it possible to burn .AVI in AC3 format to 5.1 channel audio in SVCD instead of 2 channel via TTMPGenc.

Thank you again for all your help.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"One final question: Is it possible to burn .AVI in AC3 format to 5.1 channel audio in SVCD instead of 2 channel via TTMPGenc."

Even if you were to accomplish this, playback on your standalone DVD player (via your television) would generate silence, as it would not be a compliant SuperVideoCD...

Comment

• sunny4b
                    • Sep 2003

Cheers mate.

You have been great help.

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

"Cheers mate.
                      You have been great help."

As always, my pleasure ;>}

Comment

• sunny4b
                        • Sep 2003

Hi Setarip,

Why is it on some completed MPEG2 (after completing the conversation from .AVI to MPEG2) the picture jitters every few seconds.

Thanks again in advances.

Comment

• Maqo
                          • Oct 2003

I'm having the exact same problem (trying to create an MPEG-2 from a DIVX .avi file in TMPGENC), although when I follow the above steps for Nandub it only seems to capture the first 4 seconds of audio in the output file. Are there some settings I'm missing?

I've attached a screen capture of the file properties from VirtualDub for the original .avi file (and VirtualDub does warn upon opening the file that it's used some type of VBR format that it will try to re-encode to CBR).

Thanks in advance!

(As a workaround, I did manage to extract the audio in MP3 format as a direct stream copy, and then used Nero's WAV editing tool to decompress the MP3 to WAV. Then using TMPGEnc I set the video source to the original AVI file, and the audio source to my new WAV file. But it would still be nice figure out why Nandub isn't working...in addition, using this method the resulting audio in the MPEG sounds somewhat tinny)
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Maqo; 21 Oct 2003, 02:58 AM.

Comment

• setarip
                            Retired
                            • Dec 2001

To Maqo

If NanDub is problematic for you, use VirtualDubMOD (different than standard VirtualDub) as follows:

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK"

4) Save with a new filename

Comment

• i2att0716
                              • Dec 2004

about the vid file thing

well...i have a problem that is similar, but not the same i guess. i have this .ogg file, and i wanted to convert it to avi to watch, but when i used virtualdubmod to convert to avi, it did, but there was no sound. so im kinda lost, and dont know what to do...like when i preview the .ogg file on virtualdubmod, it can sort of watch it but the vid and sound is very choppy. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, that would be great, if not what abouta program to watch the .ogg file...thanks

Comment

Working...