Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SFDave
    • Feb 2002

Can't convert DivX to VCD with VBR audio

I'm trying to convert a DivX file to VCD. I tried using VitualDub to uncompress the DivX file, but the audio is out of sync when I try to play the resulting .avi file. When I first load the DivX file into VirtualDub, I get this message:

"VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. This may introduce up to 361415 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 93.4 ± 28.3 kbps)"

Is there a way to uncompress this DivX file and keep the audio in sync?
  • gs0666
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Nov 2001

Use TMPGEnc to convert DivX------>VCD

Comment

• SFDave
      • Feb 2002

TMPGenc won't convert this DivX file directly. There's no audio on the resulting MPG file.

Elsewhere in this forum, it was suggested that Nandub might be used instead of Virtual Dub to uncompress DivX files with VBR audio, but that didn't work either. I set Video to "Direct stream copy" and Audio to "Full processing mode" with Compression set to "No compression (PCM)". When I tried to save the file, I got this error message:
      "ACM reported error on audio decompress (b)."

Am I doing this wrong, or have I hit a bug in Nandub?

Comment

• havok10
        • Feb 2005

I have the exact same problem.
        Last edited by havok10; 21 Feb 2005, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio for use with TMPGEnc

Using VirtualDubMOD to Convert "VBR" .MP3 to Uncompressed .WAV

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK". Rightclick on the audiostream again, then select "Compression" and make certain it is set to "No compression (PCM)"

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, save .AVI with a new filename
          Last edited by setarip; 21 Feb 2005, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• havok10
            • Feb 2005

Right... but when I do exactly that I get the following error:

"ACM reported error on audio decompress (b)."

Nandub/VirtualdubMOD can't process the audio stream. If I set it to direct stream copy then it works.

I solved my problem by just saving the wav and then using TEMPGENC to remux the audio with a delay to put it back in sync.
            Last edited by havok10; 21 Feb 2005, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Working...