Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > Blu-ray

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 3 Jan 2014, 03:14 AM   #1

Default Event videos without Blu Ray or DVD.

I do event videography and read something today about technologies that will be obsolete in about 5 years. One was Blu Ray. I understand this from the perspective of regular movies, and I know that for the most part home videos can be kept on the computer. But, I'm wondering where does that leave someone like me? Right now when I video a wedding, I give the couple their copies on DVD or Blu Ray. What would be the next solution to get them their copy of the video?
rmvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jan 2014, 02:05 PM   #2
Administrator

Welcome to the forum!

There will always be a place for physical media, and even in five year's time, I still believe that both DVD and Blu-ray will still be around. Digital distribution will be more and more popular, but at this time, this is only for mass distribution (for example, on iTunes or Netflix).

It may be that your customers in the future would be willing to accept or even prefer just a digital copy of the video (eg. on a USB drive or something like that), but that should be easy to adapt, although it is still my believe that for something like a wedding video, people would still prefer something physical that they can hold and store (much like how most photos are never printed these days, but this doesn't apply to wedding photos).