Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > Blu-ray

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11 Mar 2008, 11:25 AM   #1
Administrator

Default Ratatouille on Blu-ray - Magnifique

If there is one title that I recommend people watch to truly appreciate HD, then it's Ratatouille on Blu-ray. Not only is it an excellent movie, the video and audio on the Blu-ray version is fantastic, as are the extra features.

Being animation, those with smaller TVs and upscaling the DVD version might also find the picture to be quite excellent, but for those with large 1080p TVs or projectors, this is the title to show off.

Expect all stores to be using it as demo material very soon, if not already.
Old 11 Mar 2008, 12:18 PM   #2
Not a god of digital video

Wouldn't expect that much more detail to be there on an animation. Something with lotsa action might be the one to show off.

But, yes, it is a great flick.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2008, 01:06 PM   #3
Administrator

I had given up a bit on Pixar, since their previous films were a bit average (Finding Nemo, The Incredibles ... I haven't even bothered watching Cars yet). But with this film, I think they're back to their best ... proper likeable characters and a good storyline.

The details on the HD version are nice, especially the way the hair on the various rats respond to wind, water and movement ... 3D has come a long way since Toy Story.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2008, 01:35 PM   #4
BR7
He is coming to your little town!

I agree with you 100% on Ratatouille,it is a fantastic movie and the PQ is GREAT.I traded my copy of Ratatouille for Reservoir Dogs: 15th Anniversary and I have been missing it,I plan on getting it again very soon.As for cars it is right up there with Ratatouille the characters,story and the PQ are just as good IMHO

My Blu-ray Collection

Last edited by BR7; 11 Mar 2008 at 01:39 PM
BR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2008, 02:11 PM   #5
Administrator

Some say the PQ on Cars is a little better than the rat, so I'll try to source one in Amazon's next Blu-ray sale (it's region-free).
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Sep 2011, 07:01 AM   #6

what kinds of extra features do they have?
ehkim92 is offline   Reply With Quote