11 Feb 2008, 04:59 AM
Join Date: Jan 2004
126.96.36.199 Sunday 10th February 2008
- Added: Support for multi-session/track CD reading/burning (*using a CUE file - this includes Audio CD's from anything DirectShow/ACM can handle - AAC/APE/FLAC/MP3/MPC/OGG/PCM/WAV/WMA etc).
- Added: 'Ez-Mode Picker' screen with big buttons for newbies to help them decide on which mode to use (and people who want the program to load up in a 'neutral' mode where no discs get initialised - bit faster).
- Added: Support for additional UDF revisions in Build mode. It now supports 1.02, 1.50, 2.00, 2.01, 2.50 and 2.60.
- Added: Ability to use 'Language Files' to have the GUI in your own native language.
- Added: New 'Create CD CUE File...' option to the Tools menu (and a button to the Write mode and Write Queue windows for easy access). Here you can build your own custom layout CUE file (for burning in Write mode). ID3/APE/OGG tags within Audio files can be used as a basis for CD-TEXT.
- Added: Support for building images that only (officially) use UDF but are bootable. A fake ISO9660 filesystem is added with a dummy 'README.TXT' file in the Root saying the disc uses UDF.
- Added: Support for '/SRC ALLSECTORS' and '/SRC ' CLI commands to be used in Discovery mode.
- Added: Support for non-stop 'queued' burning from a changer device - like the Sony VGP-XL1B2(3).
- Added: 'Find Next Blank Disc' button to the 'Insert Next Disc' window if the 'Next' drive has a changer device associated with it.
- Added: 256x256 Vista style icons for the application exe and also the file association icon for when ImgBurn is the file's default associated application.
- Added: 'Recent Files' option to the popup menu on the build mode destination browse button. These recent files are mirrored in the drop down combobox. As 'Clear' is now part of the Recent File list I've removed the 'Clear Dest MRU List' button from the settings window.
- Added: Support for controlling (just the basic stuff - query / load / eject / mount / dismount) medium changers (like the Sony XL1B).
- Added: 'Form X' (for Mode 2 tracks) to the TOC Information shown in the info panel on the right.
- Added: By default, the program now sends the 'Send OPC Information' command prior to sending any 'Write' commands.
- Added: Option to not prompt for 'Close Track/Session/Disc' functions on aborted burn.
- Added: The option to skip the 'close track/session/disc' commands if a burn fails.
- Added: Another the option 'Clear OPC History' to the 'Change Advanced Settings...' screen for LITEON drives.
- Added: Support for using relative path names in IBB files or when passing arguments via CLI using the /SRC and /DEST switches.
- Added: CLI switch '/PORTABLE' to tell the program not to write the file association / autoplay / shell extension registry keys ('/NOSAVESETTINGS' already does it).
- Added: The ability to perform 'Display IFO Layer Break Information...' function on the media in the current drive.
- Added: A final 'fallback' function for calculating the correct image file format on 'Unknown' images.
- Added: Removeable drives (excluding A: and B to the 'Drive Quick Change' context menu available on the destination file name label in Read mode and the destination browse button in Build mode.
- Added: Support for correct sorting of IFO/BUP files in the HD DVD Video 'HVDVD_TS' folder.
- Added: Support for ECC block (64k) padding between IFO/BUP files in the HD DVD Video 'HVDVD_TS' folder.
- Added: Link to (forum based) guides within the 'Help' menu.
- Added: Link to IBQ folder within the 'Help' menu.
- Added: Seperate 'Read Speed' settings for Data/Audio in 'Read' mode.
- Added: Support for the 'PortableMode' option ('/PORTABLE' via CLI) when reading from the registry/ini file.
- Added: When calculating the automatic destination path for read mode, the program now checks the user has permission to write to the folder. As it normally goes to the root folder of the drive, this fails under Vista when running as a 'Normal' user. Now it will realise that and point to the 'My Documents' folder instead.
- Added: Support for NEC (Optiarc) drives to the 'Automatic Change Book Type' feature.
- Added: The log now displays the current booktype setting (where supported) just before a burn onto DVD+ (plus) format media.
- Added: A new screen (called 'Changer Control') for drives with embedded disc changers. This screen allows the users to load/unload slots and view details about the changer.
- Added: Detection of HD-DVD / Blu-ray Video images in Build mode by their folder names (in the same way DVD Video is detected by the presense of a VIDEO_TS folder).
- Added: 'Optimised Size' info to the log and the summary box when in Build mode with the 'Optimise Duplicate Files' setting enabled and some duplicates have been found.
- Added: The destination file 'Save As' dialog box in Build mode now defaults to using the volume label (if one is specified) as a basis for the initial file name.
- Added: You can hold CTRL when clicking on the 'copy volume label to other file system' buttons and it'll also copy the text to the clipboard.
- Added: The 'Sync Cache/Close Track/Close Session/Finalise Disc' functions at the end of a burn are now auto retried 3 times on failure.
- Added: 'Share Selected Images Amongst Drives' button the the Queue window.
- Added: Ability to read the volume label from Wii ISO images.
- Added: Message saying 'Sorry, ImgBurn cannot copy protected discs.' if the user inserts a CSS/CPPM protected DVD or AACS protected HD DVD/Blu-ray disc - the 'Read' button also remains disabled so they can't click it.
- Added: New 'Magic Speed' (high speed / silent) option for Samsung drives in the 'Advanced Features' dialog window.
- Added: 'Read Speed' option to the main window in Read/Verify modes. These have now been removed from the settings.
- Added: Option to prevent the screen saver from starting whilst the program is open.
- Added: Support for reading the disc name from the 'VPLST000.XPL' file on HD DVD Video builds - used in the same way the DVD Text name is from a DVD Video disc - as a basis for the auto generated Volume Label.
- Added: 'Recent Files' support to Read/Build modes. It's accessed via the 'File' menu (Both modes) or by right clicking on the 'Browse' button (Read mode).
- Added: Drag + Drop a folder onto the program exe/shortcut and ImgBurn will open in Build mode and add that folder to the source list.
- Added: A tiny bit more error checking during the burn - could catch errors right at the start that would otherwise be lost.
- Added: Command line parameters for all the 'Bootable Disc' options in Build mode.
- Added: Option to have Build mode sort files in the order they're in within the source window. (This is only possible to a certain degree!)
- Added: Message to tell user to close the drive tray during the write/verify tray cycling process if the program fails to do it automatically. The message can be disabled in the settings for non-newbie people.
- Added: 'Changer Control' button to the 'Insert Next Disc' window.
- Added: Support for reading/reporting the 'Volume Set Identifier' from the UDF file system.
- Added: 'Move To Top', 'Move Up', 'Move Down', 'Move To Bottom' functionality for the 'Source' list within Build mode. Options are availabe on the context menu, via keyboard shortcuts and via buttons (but only when in 'expanded' view).
- Added: Option to enable/disable OS AutoPlay on Data/Audio CD's (like the option in TweakUI and CloneCD). This makes the whole 'Operating System Options' bit (with regards to AutoInsert/AutoPlay) more complete.
- Added: When no cells can be found for a layer break, ImgBurn will identify which one you should split. (Build mode only)
- Added: Additional detail to the error/warning messages that get logged when there's an issue with the user specified layer break position.
- Added: The option of not capturing graph data at all.
- Added: Support for relative paths (i.e. starting with '.\' and '..\') and [DATE], [TIME], [DATETIME] modifiers when specifying a name for the destination file for build mode via CLI (or in an IBB file).
- Added: Support for relative paths and [DATE], [TIME], [DATETIME] modifiers when specifying a name for the log file via CLI.
- Added: Support for the newer LiteOn ID string ('ATAPI DVD A') within the automatic booktype/advanced settings code.
- Added: Support for a '/SRCLIST' CLI parameter to pass the name of a file (plain text) that contains the names of folders / files to add to the 'Source' box in Build mode.
- Added: New CLI option '/DELETESOURCE' where 'Build' mode will delete all the files it just burnt - assuming burn (and verify) was successful.
- Added: The ability to use the drive name within the AWS feature to force a speed for a specific device when the current 'Disc ID' is not in the list.
- Added: Additional keyboard shortcuts when working with Build mode's 'Source' list, Burn Queue's 'Image' list or 'Create CD CUE File's 'Layout' list.
- Added: 'Add To Write Queue When Done' checkbox option to 'Create DVD MDS File' window.
- Added: The 'Extract Boot Image' feature now also lists the drive volume label next to the appropriate list entry if one exists.
- Added: When filling the buffer before a write operation, the program won't ever consider it full if the 'Cancel' window is open. This gives the user time to cancel the burn and prevent anything from being written to the disc.
- Added: A 'View ImgBurn Translations...' option to the 'Help' menu.
- Added: 'Media Information' (a.k.a. Image Information) button within Read mode. To make it skip analysing the tracks (for CD-TEXT, MCN, ISRC, PreGaps), hold the 'Ctrl' key when clicking the button.
- Added: Tooltips to all the 'Size' type labels where the size is shown in Bytes, KB, MB and GB.
- Added: AutoPlay options for the following events: HandleHDDVDBurning, HandleBluRayBurning, PlayCDAudio, PlayDVDMovie, PlayHDDVD, PlayBluRay.
- Added: Version information to the installer exe.
- Added: 'ImgBurn Projects...' option to the 'Help' menu. (This points to the 'IBB Projects' folder in the users 'Application Data\ImgBurn' folder)
- Added: If the automatic check for updates feature fails, an entry is added to the log to show that it failed.
- Added: Support for the new 'Verify Not Required' (VNR) flag in the 'Write 12' command when BD-R media is being used. This comes under the 'FastWrite' option - i.e. when FastWrite is enabled, this flag gets set.
- Added: 'Open With' shell extension option in the Settings window. When enabled, ImgBurn lists itself in the manual 'Open With' selection window that you can have pop up on files with unknown file extensions.
- Added: Warning message if burning to DVD-RAM / HD DVD / Blu-ray when 'Test Mode' is enabled saying that it might not be supported and data could actually get written to the disc. (seems to vary between drives - certainly with DVD-RAM anyway).
- Added: New CLI option '/IGNORELOCKVOLUME' that causes the program to automatically ignore any failure to lock the drive for exclusive access if the error code is 'Access Is Denied'.
- Added: A new hint to the error box when attempts to lock the drive for exclusive usage fail, the error is 'Access is denied' and 'wmplayer.exe' (Windows Media Player) is open.
- Added: Tooltips to the listbox in the 'Create DVD MDS File' window for items that are longer than the box. (For some weird reason the scrollbar can't scroll far enough on vista even though the calculation for it's limits is perfect on all previous Windows OS's).
- Added/Changed: When drives are on the same SCSI ID, the program will fall back to sorting them by drive letter and finally by name when the 'Device -> Sort Order' is set to 'Address'.
- Added/Changed: The 'auto set booktype' code is now called again if the disc finalisation fails - otherwise the drive appears to forget what it's been told to do!
- Added/Changed: If Build mode detects the file 'I386\NTLDR', it will automatically enable the ISO9660/Joliet options of allowing files without extensions.
- Added/Changed: Read mode's Destination 'Save As' dialog window now also includes filters for .BIN and .IMG files. Defaults to .BIN for complex CD discs and ISO for everything else.
- Added/Changed: Build mode's Destination 'Save As' dialog window now also includes filters for .IMG files.
- Added/Changed: Optimised the file I/O buffering when writing to a hdd/removeable drive.
- Added/Changed: The IFO modifying code as part of LB selection has been updated to handle LB cells where the previous one has a Cell Command associated with it that's just a NOP.
- Added/Changed: Read mode has gone back to remembering the destination path of the image you just read and using that instead of a new one it would normally calculate. The 'old' path is only used if the current disc has the same volume label, same creation date within the file system and same total sector count as the one you just read. (This is for people who eject the disc and insert a new one before clicking the 'OK' button to finish the previous read where it then wouldn't give you a new path for the new disc.)