Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Archived Posts > Latest News (Archive)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17 Nov 2006, 01:02 PM   #16
Gold Member
Gold Member

The "Total Access" option w/ blockbuster online is great. 6 or 7 movies a week is fine for me plus now the little one gets to pick his disney cartoons/Thomas/Barney or whatever.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 02:37 PM   #17
An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker

BB Total Access rocks!!!! I returned an online rental this morning I got in the mail yesterday to my local store and swapped it for another. Then the mailman came with 2 more which I watched and returned to my local store before closing time and got 2 more. 5 DVDs in 1 day...ya gotta luv it
Old 18 Nov 2006, 11:33 AM   #18

I am loving the total access as well!
Old 19 Nov 2006, 12:30 AM   #19

With BB doing it this new way I noticed that Netflix hasn't been throttling me the last three weeks. With the 3 out plan I've been averaging 6 a week. The turn aroud has been better than it was before.
Old 19 Nov 2006, 04:54 AM   #20
An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveareno1955 View Post
With BB doing it this new way I noticed that Netflix hasn't been throttling me the last three weeks. With the 3 out plan I've been averaging 6 a week. The turn aroud has been better than it was before.
My turnaround with NF is still the same. But as I mentioned between NF "throttling" and the good ol' USPS handling the mail to me and back to NF who knows who is to blame, I'm still averaging around 3-4 a week with NF. But now the USPS only handles the mail to me from BB and since 3 were mailed to me from BB on 10-30 I have gotten a total of 29 with 3 on their way to me in the mail that might come today
Old 19 Nov 2006, 01:08 PM   #21
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

I joined BB when I moved to LA area. Their warehouse is in Irvine and at first I was getting my movies the next day. Now they have slowed down. Went to the BB store yesterday and he told me about Total Access. So I will try that out tomorrow and see how good it is.

My Gallery
Old 19 Feb 2007, 02:05 AM   #22

Default My Experience

I had Netflix for awhile the last year, but they started the whole delayed shipping act on me...I was getting about 4 movies a month...I wasn't too sure on the whole Blockbuster thing, but the lady at the store convinced me to give the Total Access thing a shot so I thought "well if I don't like it, I can always switch back". So I cancelled my Netflix and signed up for the Total Access. Now I'm getting 3 movies, twice a week in mail, plus another 3 at the store each time...and I get a free coupon every month for an additional free movie at the store.

So 12 movies a week times 4 weeks is 48 movies...now I do take into account that sometimes they don't always show up on time...so I estimate about 30-35 movies a month I get for $20.00

If the average price of a movie to rent at Blockbuster is $4.99. renting 30 movies a month @ $4.99 would cost me $149!

The reason I like the Blockbuster Total Access is because, you can take the three you just got to the store, turn them in, show your card, and get 3 more right there on the spot, and not have to pay anything extra, and BBTA mails you your next three on your queue list.

Netflix can't even compete...because they don't have a store where you can do that. I am definitely way more satisfied with the Blockbuster than I was the Netflix.

Just my perspective!
Old 19 Feb 2007, 02:12 AM   #23
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

I could only wish for service like that in Canada.

I still not have found BB total access yet in Canada.

We do have Zip.ca but I hear it is slow.