Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > TMPGEnc

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22 Aug 2008, 10:27 AM   #1
Default Keeping same video settings

Hello there!

I have a mpg file and im only using a color correction filter on it. I would like the output file to have the same format/settings otherwise. How do I know which settings to choose to achieve that? How do I analyze the original file in that way?

Old 25 Aug 2008, 10:14 AM   #2

With TMPGEnc it can be problematic, esp. if it's a one-off. For example if the mpg
is suitable for 16x9 DVD then you'd probably want to use FitCD to calculate the settings.
Here's a guide:

OTOH it may be simpler to use MediaInfo to find out if it's NTSC or PAL, then use FAVC.

On the last page of FAVC settings it has a checkbox "do not start batch file"
Then you can go into the WorkingFolder and edit the .avs script to put in your filter.

On the first page of FAVC you check if you want an NTSC or PAL DVD.
Then for the encoder you use you can just press one of the profile buttons
for quality level. FAVC figures out the rest.

If using FAVC 1.07 I recommend processing the audio with QuEnc instead of Aften since there's a bug if using AC3 audio with Aften in that version.

Another approach may be to check on using AviSynth in a more direct fashion. Most
encoders use an AviSynth script anyway... but for a one-off the FAVC may be easiest.. depending on the kind of input you have.