Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By r0lZ

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 7 Mar 2014, 04:09 AM   #1

Question-2 Hi Folks i have a Big Favor to ask

I am not new to the forum but ,never registered , i came and read a ton
of your forum discussions .
But today i am here to ask for Help.

I am the Oldest of the Family , and mother passed away .
I was Asked if i could do a Memorial Dvd (hope i said this right )

i have the videos of the family since parents got married ,kids born and grow up etc , also have a bunch of pictures from my mothers life from little to .. not so long ago before she passed away.My Question "i would need a tutor TBH" i have no talents in this domain.

The general ideal was to chop up the Family Dvd and add-in pictures in a slide-show form , Maybe a kool software that would give me the possibility to make chapters and a few choices of music back grounds, A possibility to add a contour (around the DVD it's self) to Contain the Movie ?.
well that was my general ideal ,i am Definitely open to better suggestions OFC and by all mean.

I am not rich boy id be ready to give a few buck's to get something decent for my mother last memories , after all that is all we had to keep them with us

Regards

John the TechX64
TechX64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2014, 11:25 PM   #2
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

Hi,

There are many free programs that can convert your existing videos to DVD format. Try DVD Flick, for example. It is very easy to use, but somewhat limited.

AFAIK, DVD Flick cannot create DVD slideshows out of still pictures. There are several programs that are supposed to do exactly that, but I don't know them, and I don't think they are free. Search the web.

If you want a good program that can convert your videos and create slideshows, that is very powerful and (relatively) easy to use, but not free, try DVD Lab Pro. (You can perhaps use the free evaluation version to create a small slideshow, but I'm not sure.)
TechX64 likes this.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Mar 2014, 08:09 AM   #3

Default Email me

Hey Techx64, Im am deeply sorry for your loss. I lost my Mother & Grandmother within 40 minutes of each other. I wish you the best in these hard times. Contact me and I will help you any way I am able to. I use to own ZoWillie Productions a video entertainment business I started after military service until I became disabled. If I can be of assistance I will. Let me know. Take care. -ZoWillie-
ZoWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2014, 04:56 PM   #4

Hi, Techx64. You can try Photostage Slideshow Software from NCH. It is free with limited functions, but it is good enough for me. I managed to do a few slideshows of my wife, daughters, trips, etc. You can mix stills with videos, and choose your own music background. Just ignore the prompt to buy after 30 days. Cheers and take care.
henrybulldog is offline   Reply With Quote