Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > General > Latest News

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2 May 2007, 12:33 PM   #1
Administrator

Default DVD Ripping Forums Closed

Some of you may have noticed that the DVD ripping forums have now all been closed.

They have been closed to ensure the future survival of Digital Digest. I've been working on the website for 8 years, and I would like to work on it for 8 more, and this is the best way to ensure this possibility. We will now concentrate on the other aspects of digital video and look towards new directions. As such, a new rule will be added to prevent further discussions related to decryption (DVD and other types).

This follows the removal of related content on our main website a couple of weeks ago.

As usual, I will not go into more details about this and I appreciate that you do not speculate further on this forum as to what is going on. I acknowledge that many people will not be satisfied with this decision and that they will move to other forums, and that is fully understandable, no hard feelings. My only request is that if you wish to vent some bile, please do so on other forums, and not here - we have enough grieve at the moment already. For those that are leaving, I would like to thank you now for all your contributions. For those that are staying, thank you as well and let's all look towards the future.

Last edited by admin; 2 May 2007 at 01:11 PM
Old 2 May 2007, 12:44 PM   #2
Not a god of digital video

Can everybody please also note new rule 19.

Thanks all.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Last edited by blutach; 4 May 2007 at 06:39 AM
Old 3 May 2007, 12:46 PM   #3
Administrator

Along with the forum closures, some links have been filtered out so that they point to Google. The filters affect signatures, and if your signature contains links to DVD ripping tools (most have been filtered), I would appreciate it if you could remove them. Sorry for the (further) inconvenience.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 02:39 PM   #4
Administrator

Discussion of VobBlanker is now permitted on the forum due to changes in the lastest version of VobBlanker.
Closed Thread