Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Software Forums > Womble Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31 Mar 2010, 05:31 PM   #1

Default Womble EasyDVD - too long encoding?

Hi I tried yesterday Womble EasyDVD and I must say how nice, easy and intuitive program it is.
On the end of my first project when I saw that encoding will take over 3 hours I went to bed. I woke up in the middle of night and saw that the project didn't move much forward. It was on 37% and the remaining time was 7 (!) hours. Before I went to bed again it moved to 45% and 5 hours.

At the morning however the project was back on 37% and 9 hours remaining. It simply looks like the Womble EasyDVD stops working for some reason if you are not working on your computer. I checked again my power settings, which I set for such cases to maximum performance (means that only monitor will switch off after 10 minutes).

Any idea, what is the problem?
alkhazali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2010, 05:55 PM   #2

OK, I figured out what's going on
The progress bar is not for full project but for each movie and and even each menu and submenu in particular project separately. I didn't notice it because it took long to go through each movie. Mystery solved.

But new mystery appeared. There are 3 options on output. Free, 7,92 and 4,38. I wanted to burn my project on normal (not DL) DVD so I choose 4,38. Now I'm going to burn it and it says "Not enough free disc space.."
I check the size of the folder and well it's 7,39GB. I wonder what happened. In Output tab it's still set to 4,38. I will try to do the encoding again to see what happens now.

Last edited by alkhazali; 1 Apr 2010 at 04:49 PM
Old 2 Apr 2010, 02:37 AM   #3

The re-encoding is still not finished after 9 hours but I may just stop it, because files in folder have 5,6GB already. No idea what's wrong. 4.38GB checked, I even looked into the encoder, before I started, to check the output size of each file. they were ok, now they are almost doubled.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 10:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkhazali View Post
The re-encoding is still not finished after 9 hours but I may just stop it, because files in folder have 5,6GB already. No idea what's wrong. 4.38GB checked, I even looked into the encoder, before I started, to check the output size of each file. they were ok, now they are almost doubled.
This may not be of help to you but here it is. I too have noticed long re-encoding times. One thing I have done to help is use mpeg video wizard to convert the file to a dvd folder, then loading the vob files/s into easydvd and authoring it there. I have found that it does it much faster this way, and the combined times are still much less than going directly from mp4 or avi direct to a dvd in easydvd. I guess I could author in wizard, but I like using easydvd
Hope it helps.
vandyo is offline   Reply With Quote