Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Video File Formats > Other File Formats

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28 Dec 2015, 03:20 PM   #1
Just Trying To Help

Default VHS 2 Digital.

I guess VHS would qualify as another file format. A few years ago I bought a P.O.S. capture device, (I think ADS Tech made it,) to take a lot of family moments from VHS 2 Digital. It was working, but the only problem was that it only worked with XP, (driver problems.) As it didn't work with first Vista and then Windows 7 and of course now Windows 10, (I tried,) I just stopped doing it and moved on forgetting about the rest of the VHS tapes. Recently a friend who found out about the P.O.S. hardware, (my big mouth) asked me if I would think about getting back into it because he also has some tapes. The only reason I am thinking about it again is that we have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop that after I blow away all the Toshiba crap has a hard drive big enough to partition and have XP alongside Vista, (haven't decided which way to do the install yet.) I have not kept up with video capture, either hardware or software so stupid me had another thought, (it happens.) I could go to all the trouble, XP, Vista install, use the old hardware, but find a new software program or ask if there are some capture options out there free or reasonable, hardware and software? I stress that I am not looking for any Academy Award here, just to get video from some old VHS tapes to the PC or Laptop.

soup is offline   Reply With Quote