Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Encoding and Playback

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22 Oct 2003, 08:15 AM   #1

Question-2 Problem playing DVDs

When trying to run a DVD on either one of my 2 DVD drives the movie is being played to fast and "stutters" and the sound is all scratchy. No way to watch a DVD that way...

The DVD drives are ok cause I tested them in another comp and they played DVDs fine.

I also tried different software players such as WinDVD and PowerDVD but that had no effect, still the same problem.

Any suggestions what could help ?
Landorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2006, 02:31 PM   #2

Do you mean your back - up copys? or do you mean store-bought DVD's. if you mean backed up dvds it could be a corrupt burn. try backing it up again.. it also could have a lot to do with the media you are using.. what brand of discs are you using ? also if its a backed-up copy how fast did you burn it? 4X 8X 12X etc.. try only burning on 4X that can cause a bad burn too. also try cleaning the disc and your drivers lens. Check out
Quote:
Blutach's GOLDEN RULES TO BURNING http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...649#post250649
Raven386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2006, 08:41 AM   #3

Can this also apply to when a DVD plays too slow and the sound is all messed up?? I burned my DVD at a really fast speed, so this may cause the DVD to play slow on the DVD drive, maybe??
Bacheegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Nov 2006, 12:26 AM   #4

I also have the same problem, the dvd that are store bought play and sort of freeze to make a squiky sound.....i have tried power dvd and media player same problem. I cleaned the disks.....no joy either...somebody come help and how much does the dvd rom brand that one uses affect the quality of the dvd play?

whilst i still believe discs have to be cleaned the level of sensitivity that my pc dvd player has on dvd would be too high for acceptance because i also cleaned some of the

the question is what can i do to solve the problem are there ny drivers to download?

Last edited by Phillip; 9 Nov 2006 at 02:01 AM
Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote