Digital Video Forums

Digital Video Forums (http://forum.digital-digest.com/)
-   DVD Encoding and Playback (http://forum.digital-digest.com/f33/)
-   -   World's most requested DVDs (http://forum.digital-digest.com/f33/worlds-most-requested-dvds-8360.html)

admin 8 Jun 2002 01:39 AM

World's most requested DVDs

Please feel free to add to this thread any movies you like that haven't yet made it's way onto DVD yet (and which are not planned to be released on DVD anytime soon - there's no point in adding a movie here which is going to be on DVD in a few months time). Also feel free to post rumors on possible release dates.

I'll start with a few :

Star Wars original trilogy DVDs - PLEASE RELEASE IT ON DVD NOW!! DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE PREQUEL TRILOGY IS COMPLTED IN 2005!! I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL 2005 - I MUST HAVE IT NOW!! (Obi-Wan : patience, my little padawan)

Indiana Jones trilogy DVDs - why aren't they on DVDs yet, Mr. Lucas? At this rate, Indiana Jones 4 will be released before we see the first trilogy on DVD ... or was that the plan all along ;-)

Schindler's List - one of the best movies ever NOT on DVD

riverblakey 22 Jun 2002 03:02 PM

ever head of p2p....

I dont think that there is any movie that is not available on p2p...from oldies to latest ,u get all.No need of DVD's or CD's.
This i say 'coz i dwnload all from kazaa....'n thats i think a best one.

nosferatu_net 27 Jun 2002 12:35 AM

Concerning to the Starwars trilogy on DVD, I found a Div3 version of 'em all on P2P.

The strange thing is that the original is absolutely not an analogic version, nor a Japanese VCD, for the source seems to be a digital pal version (not Japanese, though) and the aspect ratio is about 2.35/1.

Where did 'em come from?!?

Batman 27 Jun 2002 08:20 AM

I'm not a big movie or tv buff. However, I would like to see Futurama and Family Guy complete dvd set for North America (it is sad to see that both fo these excellent shows were cancelled) and maybe a Full House one.

admin 4 Jul 2002 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by nosferatu_net
The strange thing is that the original is absolutely not an analogic version, nor a Japanese VCD, for the source seems to be a digital pal version (not Japanese, though) and the aspect ratio is about 2.35/1.
I think there was an "official" LaserDisc release in Japan for the original trilogy, as well as The Phantom Menace.

Spider-D 25 Jul 2002 03:20 PM

Re: World's most requested DVDs

Quote:

Originally posted by admin

Star Wars original trilogy DVDs - PLEASE RELEASE IT ON DVD NOW!! DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE PREQUEL TRILOGY IS COMPLTED IN 2005!! I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL 2005 - I MUST HAVE IT NOW!! (Obi-Wan : patience, my little padawan)

Indiana Jones trilogy DVDs - why aren't they on DVDs yet, Mr. Lucas? At this rate, Indiana Jones 4 will be released before we see the first trilogy on DVD ... or was that the plan all along ;-)

Agry :D Star wars and Indiana Jones

and....."Back to the future" !!!!

admin 26 Jul 2002 11:16 PM

BTTF DVD review (region 4 version) will be posted soon (if not already) on this website :

http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/

The guys at this site are doing a review-a-thon, basically trying to reviewing all 3 Back To The Future DVDs in a 24-hour non-stop period. Hourly updates are available, and as soon as a review is finished, it is uploaded (even if it may be just a draft).

cplevel42 28 Aug 2002 04:38 AM

Soylent Green!!!

C'mon! I can't believe that that Soylent Green has not been released on DVD yet. The Omega Man is, why not Soylent Green?

Here is a list of others that I would like to see.

V - The mini-series (the Weekly episodes)
Battle Star Galactica (the Weekly Episodes)
Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy (the Weekly Episodes)
Buck Rogers In The 25th Century (the Weekly Episodes)
Cosmos - with Carl Sagan (the Weekly Episodes)

Make It so!!!

MixxerLFC 24 Sep 2002 04:31 AM

Back to the Future

BTTF trilogy is now available as a box set in Western Europe (Zone 2, PAL).

coolk70 5 Oct 2002 01:32 AM

these would be nice on DVD

Quick Change- Bill Murray
Pirates Of Silicon Valley- Noah Wyle
Sioux City- Lou Diamond Phillips
Breakin' (1984)
Dance Me Outside- Adam Beach
Batman Television Series
No Man's Land- Charlie Sheen
North Shore (1987)
Sixteen Candles- Molly Ringwald
Midnight Run- Robert DeNiro
Kuffs- Christian Slater

geo2607 18 Oct 2002 02:20 PM

What i want

I would really like to see Modern Problems with Chevy Chase on DVD.

setarip 18 Nov 2002 07:16 AM

A true classic

'The Wanderers" - The epitome of New York City teenage gang movies, with some of the best "rumble" scenes ever filmed ;>}

(Not to be confused with "The Warriors" - a film of the same genre, starring Michael Beck)

Christmas 2002 - Guess what I received as a Christmas gift (Finally published) ;>}

webgenius 18 Nov 2002 06:27 PM

You can always do what I did.
I used the tweeks found here http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/ar..._graphics.html
to remove the macro detection feature from my video card "ati 8500dv" and then I made dvds of the first 3 movies "the versions with the added digital effects" there not as good as store bought dvds but there good enough..

I used ulead dvd workshop and my dvd writer is a pioneer dvr104

webgenius 18 Nov 2002 06:29 PM

Re: What i want

Quote:

Originally posted by geo2607
I would really like to see Modern Problems with Chevy Chase on DVD.

Oh man i havnt seen that one in a long time.
I think I may have it on beta.

spotwhite 28 Nov 2002 07:19 PM

Still

I'm still looking for Star Wars and Indiana Jones in DVD.