Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22 Feb 2002, 01:58 PM   #1

Default Deinterlacing

Hi people!

I am deinterlacing the special feature of one of my DVDs. I do it just because it is interlaced. Never done that stuff, and I find it interesting. I have tried the smart deinterlacer of VirtualDub, and also telecide and decimate, but combing is still there.

I have installed PowerDVD XP 4.0 on my computer, and it plays the trailer phantastic. No combing, no ghosting. I have done a graph with the video decoder of PowerDVD (Cyberlink DVD Video/SP Decoder) and when playing the trailer, it works again! The only thing I need is some means to store the decoder's output. The Dump filter outputs a file that is not accepted by the players. The file writer can't be connected directly to the ouput of the decoder, and I don't know what to put in between.

Other MPEG2 decoders in graphedit do not do deinterlacing. There is a deinterlacer filter and it can be connected to the output of the decoder, but the output is a mess.

So the problem is what to put between the deocder and the file writer.

Anyway, if this doesn't work, I 'll try with TMPGEnc. I have heard it has a very good deinterlacer, but its output is always MPEG2, and I don't want to decompress a VOB to compress it again in MPEG2 (and further in DIVX). Can the compression be disabled (output uncompressed) in TMPGEnc??

Thank You

Marc Albero