Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Junior Members/Newbies

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13 Jul 2008, 05:56 AM   #1

Default How to 'strip-out' a language from MKV files?

Does anyone know how to 'strip-out' a foreign language from a MKV file(720p), so that the resulting file
would be smaller? I don't mind the resulting file being MKV, AVI, or another format. I have and am
familiar with Virtual Dub, MKV2VOB, Video Cleaner(River Past), and AutoGK, but none of them seem to
have the ability to do what I want. Is it possible? Anyone know? If so, what (free/shareware)program? Thanks!
Old 13 Jul 2008, 02:35 PM   #2
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

MKVExtractGUI ?

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF
Old 14 Jul 2008, 03:58 AM   #3

Default How to 'strip-out' a language from MKV files

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply. I downloaded 'MKVExtractGUI-1.6.4.1.zip', and 'MKVExtractGUI-1.6.4.1_src.zip' extracted the files and ran the 'MKVextractGUI.exe', it came back with 'missing mkvextract.exe and/or mkvmerge.exe', neither of which were contained in the .zip files. I've tried renaming ' MKVextractGUI.exe' to 'MKVextract.exe, still got the same error msgs. Anyone out there familiar with this program and how to install it? I've downloaded the 'mkvtoolnix-unicode-2.2.0-setup.exe' for Win Vista, and it
seems to be working. Ok, it seems all I need is the toolkit...just tried this and it worked great...remuxed a
1.5GB in 2 mins! But it only shrank it by 50MB, just barely enough for my needs(trying to fit 3 1.5GB files on one DVD).