Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Nero Recode

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30 Jun 2008, 03:44 PM   #1

Default dvd shrink3.2/nero8/dvd encrpyt

Hey gang, sorry if I've posted in the wrong spot... The forum is very broad yet very specific lol. So as mentioned in the title, I was a user of dvd shrink 3.2 for some time, little buggy sometimes... I reached a point where I wasn't able to burn a dvd so started fiddling, ends up I probably screwed some settings. Either way, later on down the road i dumped the programs and reinstalled and still having problems. I am currently running dvdshrink 3.2.0.15, DL'ed Nero 8, and have ImgBurn (clean install methods).

So was trying to copy 300, dvd shrink "appeared" to work with no errors. Upon dropping in home dvd player it says connot play dvd. Hmmm, k, drop it in pc, boots up but goes straight to end scene as uses that as a starting reference point for MENU??? Look at dvd files burned, through nero and it shows multipal vts files (whatever they are called lol). BUUUT they all open the same end glitch... So i fiddled with settings in hopes of a fix, no go. Same problem.

Next step was to try dvdencrypt since dvdshrink admits periodic encounters of problems. With no luck, encrypt wouldn't even start the process because dvd was copywrite protected. Sooo uh what is the point lol...

So obviously There is an issue, did I load programs in wrong sequence? Is there some settings I need to understand and change? Is there new protection programming that beats the current programs stated? And lastly if ANYONE can help, what more info do you need????????????

P.S. site admins if i've posted in wrong location please relocate me AND THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP!!!
Old 30 Jun 2008, 03:47 PM   #2
Not a god of digital video

Please see this post by admin and rule 19. I am very sorry, but we can't help you.

Thanks very much.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)