Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Nero Recode

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28 Feb 2007, 02:48 PM   #1

Default How to resize for multiple files.

Greetings, first post, so please be gentle.

I'm new to Recode, and love it for its quality H.264/AVC encoding. I can't encode in anything else anymore after seeing what this software does with this amazing codec.

I use the "Recode DVDs and Videos to Nero Digital", the fourth option of the title page, to do my work. I load a couple of dozen clips, such as music videos, etc. set up the bitrates, audio and screen sizes and click Next and then select the final features before going to bed and work. I come home to awesome video in small convenient sizes! Real cool!

My question:

Assuming all my clips are from the same MPEG-2 source (or other), is there a command that can have the same Video options for all of them?

I can easily do this for Audio settings by highlighting them all and inputing what I want, but I can't do this for Video. It "grays out" when I highlight multiple choices.

It can get very tiresome and time consuming loading settings for 30 videos at a time for deinterlace, cropping and then entering the same resolution for each over and over.

Is there a better, quicker, way of doing this? If there's one for bitrates I'd be interested in a one-step for this too, but I would love to know how to have all video under the same resolution settings without this repitition.

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the long post. I'm a fast typer and love to detail things sometimes.