Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Nero Recode

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11 Jan 2008, 04:57 AM   #1

Default Nero recode on Ultra Edition 6

My D-Link DSM-320 Media lounge suggests using Nero Re-Code "CE" to convert Video files. My Nero 6 Ultra Edition has Nero Re-Code but not with the "CE". Do I have to upgrade to the latest Nero to get the "CE" or can I download it somewhere?
The video files I am trying to convert to MP4 are copies of DVD's using Decrypter and DVD Shrink. Could these be unsupported and whats giving me these problems?

Last edited by adkowalsky; 11 Jan 2008 at 05:09 AM
Old 12 Jan 2008, 05:38 PM   #2
Not a god of digital video

Please see rule 19 - we can't talk about DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink an y more. However, we have no problems with Recode.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Old 12 Jan 2008, 11:37 PM   #3

Default Nero Re-Code

Message understood.
Are there programs other than Nero Re-Code that will convert DVD Hard Drive files for use with D-Link Media Lounge ?
Old 13 Jan 2008, 01:45 AM   #4
Super Moderator

people say super will just about convert anything to anything
Old 10 Feb 2008, 12:17 AM   #5

Default Volume Levels reduced

When I use NERO RECODE (in v.6 and v.7), the resulting file's volume levels are incredibly reduced - by half. I've searched the Creative soundcard settings and nothing says, "Please screw up Nero Recode Volume settings", nor do the other Registry settings offer a "Please screw this up for just me" setting. (OK OK, I'm kidding - I'm sure Bill Gates would create Registry Settings to screw up EVERYONE's systems, not just mine!)

I have cranked up all internal sound-card volumes pertaining to recording levels to Max, but they weren't THAT far off (80 or 90%).

Anyone ever notice this Volume Degradation? And any computer-based solutions (shoe-throwing, finding new cuss words, and tropical incantations don't seem to help, but maybe you've got better techniques) would be considered!