Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Blank Media, Burning, Recording Hardware

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25 May 2014, 03:52 PM   #1

Default convert and burn combo

Hi I have been using convertxtodvd for years to copy my private mp4's to dvd format to plauy on most dd players ...the great benefit is the encode and burning all happens in one process as well as leaving me with a vob file if i want to burn another copy. Problem is i am on a mac and would like to stop using vmware to run this windows software.

there seems to be nothing out there that come close and some that do (toast) make the files far too large somehow turning a 1gig to 4!

can anyone help....have tried a lot of demo software with no success thankyou andrew
andrewm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2014, 09:55 PM   #2
Eclectician

I'm not knowledgeable on Mac software so I'll leave that part to others. But I did find getting a set top box cut way down on the need to convert. Most remaining conversions consisted of remuxing and audio format conversion to output valid mp4 or m4v files.

If you have an HDTV many set top boxes will play HD files and also upconvert to HD. Instead of burning discs you can just store on HD. But you may already be aware of all this. Just thought I'd chime in.
MilesAhead is offline   Reply With Quote