Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Blank Media, Burning, Recording Hardware

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23 Jul 2005, 12:54 PM   #1

Default DVD shrink Incorrect function error

I'm having problems getting DVD Shrink to work on my computer. It will not open a DVD from the main screen. I click on Open disk button and get a window to choose where I want to open it from. I click on my burner drive and it says
D:/[DVD_VIDEO].(Doesn't give the video name like most programs do) When I click ok I get the error message DVD Shrink encountered and error and can not continue. Failed to read file "D:/" Incorrect function. Anyone have any ideas. Im running Windows 2000pro and can play disks with power DVD. I was also able to use DVD Decrypter to save the disk on the HD and then open it with DVD shrink from the file, then burn it with Nero or DVD Decrypter. When I do this I still can not view the movie on my home system DVD player although it will play that disk on the computer DVD player with power DVD.

I have searched for a few days on this site have tryed quite a few things but am running out of Ideas. Any help would be apreciated.

Benji
bfarr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2005, 05:18 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Welcome to the Digital Digest Video forum bfarr1!

Go here and try some of the solutions: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=45092
jmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2005, 01:07 PM   #3

Still not having much luck. Like I posted earlier I can play the burnt DVD's with power dvd, just can't get them to play on my home DVD player after burning them. I'm wondering if it could be a Firmware problem? I have version 52 and the liveupdate program I have says there is a version 60 available although when I try to do the auto update it comes up with this

(1) DVDRW IDE1008 .
Check Sum : 8DE
Please wait a minute.....
Execute command errorA!! 5/20/ 0
Flashing is incorrect!!

I'm not sure how to get this to work or if I have to do it in DOS. I'm contemplating upgrading to XP. Is there a possibility that that may fix my problems?

Thanks

Benji
Old 24 Jul 2005, 04:15 PM   #4
Digital Video Master
Digital Video Master

** I can play the burnt DVD's with power dvd, just can't get them to play on my home DVD player after burning them **

perhaps there's a compatibility problem with your media/player. type your dvd player make & model in the search (link below) :
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers
Experi-Mentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2005, 12:19 PM   #5

Tryed them on 3 different DVD player and none will play it. I'm thinking it is going to be a software or Firmware issue. Hopefully I can figure out how to update from the 52 to 60 firmware in DOS since I can't get it to work with the update program. I seen info on it somewhere here.

Thanks for the help

Benji
Old 25 Jul 2005, 01:00 PM   #6
Super Moderator

You are 13 versions behind on your firmware. Go here to update it. Click on "0060" next to the flashing "New": http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1727
Old 25 Jul 2005, 01:16 PM   #7

I'm trying to get the new firmware flashed but when I run the application I get this error message

This firmware can be used on below drives :
(1) DVDRW IDE1008 .
Check Sum : 8DE
Please wait a minute.....
Execute command errorA!! 5/20/ 0
Flashing is incorrect!!

Is there another way to update the firmware or is there something keeping me from updating it?

Thanks for your help,

Benji
Old 25 Jul 2005, 01:40 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Download this tool , run it, then come back here and post what it tells you. - http://flashman.rpc-1.com/Firmware/D...are_detect.exe
Old 25 Jul 2005, 02:16 PM   #9

Ok I got the firmware updated to the 60 version. Ended up upgrading to a earlier version first and then to 60 to get it to work. I'm still having problems with DVD shrink telling me Failed to read file "D:/" Incorrect function after selecting open and clicking ok. I may try burning another disk using DVD decrypter to save it to the HD and then shrink to shrink it and burn it. I'm running out of ideas. Although it probably doesn't matter I ran the above program and got
Device: DVDRW IDE1008 Firmware Version 0060
Device: HP Cd-Writer+ 8200a Firmware Version 1.0g

The HP is a usb cd burner that I had before getting the DVD burner. Could that be causing any problems. I will probably remove it since I don't need it anymore.

Thanks again for the help,

Benji
Old 25 Jul 2005, 02:55 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Have you checked/replaced the IDE cables?