Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Blank Media, Burning, Recording Hardware

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 7 Jan 2013, 01:31 AM   #1

Default DVD stutters during playback on TV

I have burned a 22 minute video of still photographs and audio on a DVD+RW using an LG GP10NB20 burner, Windows movie maker and Windows XP.
When I play the DVD on my TV it stutters. The audio and to a lesser extent, the video stops and starts through the entire clip. Eventually every thing freezes for a couple of seconds. Then it will play ok for a bit before the stuttering starts again. It is like it has take take a couple of seconds to catch up.
The DVD plays without stuttering on my computer.
I got in touch with LG and was told to reinstall the drivers and get rid of my LowerFilters (I had no UpperFilters to remove). This solution may or may not have helped -- but if it did it was not enough.
At this point I am not sure where the problem is: with the burner? with compression or some other settings?, with the DVD player? or something else. How I can I get the DVD to play smoothly on my TV?
khz57 is offline   Reply With Quote