Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Blank Media, Burning, Recording Hardware

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27 Jan 2018, 06:41 AM   #1

Default how does one burn to DVD-RAM with win 7 ?

Hi,
I wish to burn back to the DVD-RAM disc a DVD_RTAV folder with contents, it originally was transferred to PC from the panasonic recorder on a DVD-RAM disc, takes 12 or so mins to copy off onto PC.

I formatted a DVD-RAM disc in the panasonic recorder player, placed it then in my PCs Optical drive that handles also DVD RAM. selected the DVD_RTAV folder and went edit copy, selected the optical drive and went edit paste, it started to transfer, but after 28 mins its only done 50%.
I am sat here hearing it whirr up then down then up then down etc,
6 to 8, then 10 -11, 15-16 watching second hand, these being when I hear the whirr.
says 50 mins remaining and it said 30 mins ago as well.

1.07 ~ 1.4 Mb/sec is the speed it is displaying. is this 12X ?

probably an hour to write a disc that the panny writes in 12mins or so. I can read the disc and copy it to PC in about the same time.

Was this edit copy edit paste the correct way ? Is there a quicker way to get this DVD_RTAV folder and contents back on the DVD-RAM disc ?
I know with a blank CD one can drag drop file to optical drive then select burn from the win explorer menu but this just set off burning without that.

GH22LS50 by LG specs say 12x rewrite speed.
3.71Gb file

any ideas on watching the footage back on the panny this way are sunk.

Merlin
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote