Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Active) > Developers/Webmasters

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20 Oct 2006, 05:32 AM   #1

Default Server-Side: Overlay Logo On Top of Video

I'm looking for software that will allow me to overlay a logo on top of video. The catch here, however, is that this functionality must exist on a web server.

Specifically, I need to create a web page that allows a user to upload a logo and a video segment. Upon hitting "Submit", the web server will then generate and display a new movie on-the-fly, merging the logo together with the video segment (the logo will appear and persist at the bottom right of the resulting movie).

Does any software exist for this type of functionality? AVISynth comes to mind, though I don't believe it functions in a web server environment.

Thank in advance!
SurferLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2006, 09:44 AM   #2
Digital Video Expert
Digital Video Expert

AVISynth3 runs under linux. Not sure how stable it is currently. Still wouldn't help with the on the fly part. Basically you would need to encode to flv or similar. Using flv you could have the flash player overlay a logo. Doesn't actually have to be part of the video. Still need to use ffmpeg or similar to encode to flv.
celtic_druid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2006, 03:50 AM   #3

Quote:
I'm looking for software that will allow me to overlay a logo on top of video. The catch here, however, is that this functionality must exist on a web server.
Can you shoot me an email about this (and if you still need it)? Most likely, I will need info on what runs on the server and what type are the input video and logo files.
Andrew O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2007, 05:16 PM   #4

Default logo creator

hi Try this logo design software. I think it will help you to come out from ur prob
earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2007, 12:06 AM   #5
Diogo Andrade -Border Crossing Media

Hello, I think u that you are looking fro a prebuilt software to do the job. If i was you I would to it with Flash. You can use XML with Flash. The Flash video player will load the xml file and read the data. To each video file you can assign an image. Inside the player you create an empty movieclip that will be over the video (you can use flash componets) and the image is loaded into the empty movieclip. Is easy to do, just need to know a bit of ActionScript. There are many free flash video players out there for free. Just peak one that uses xml playlists and change the code to add one more parameter (for the image). Then, with PHP you can automaticly update the playlits every time a video is uploaded. Hope this helps
Diogo Andrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2010, 04:12 PM   #6

Hi, to add logo to video on server side, you can use E.M. Total Video Converter Command Line with the command line parameter "-vfilter watermark -f <plugin-file> [watermark-option]".
crystal2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2016, 11:55 AM   #7

Total Video Converter is a best choise for your works
flatworlds is offline   Reply With Quote