Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Video & Audio Codecs

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12 May 2011, 06:45 PM   #1

Default 5.1 Sound Sounds Like Machine Gun

I have been using Nero 6 with the 5.1 plug in for many years for producing videos with 5.1 sound without any problems up until now.

I have decided to purchase a new video edit programme that will allow me to have 5.1 mixer, chapters and authoring all in one programme so when I burn the dvd it is all done in one operation.

I downloaded Corel Video Studio Pro X4 and was trying it out.
When I selected 5.1 sound and reviewed what I was doing while editing, it made a horrible sound like a machine gun.
I finally found that if I kept playing the video, stopped and played again etc, the sound would then become normal, there was no pattern in doing this, sometimes 4 or 5 attempts other times 40 maybe 50 attempts.
Each time the machine gun sound started it would be in another speaker.

I did think it could be the video on the track giving the problem so tried different video formats, MPEG2, AVI etc, this did not make any difference.

I went to Nero Vision Express and opened a clip for authoring, I had 5.1 sound selected and when I tried preview, it made the same machine gun sounds, it had never done this before.

I then downloaded a trial version of Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 10 and it displayed the same problem when I previewed in 5.1 sound.

I do not know where to go from here in locating the problem but I feel it is a codec problem.

I would appreciate some advise as the the problem and how I could possibly isolate the codecs on a one by one basis to see if the problem disappears.

kevsim