Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Software Forums > DVD Rebuilder

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28 Mar 2006, 10:28 PM   #1
Banned

Default DVD ReBuilder Versions 0.97(free)/ 1.09.2 (Pro) - Mar 27th

Quote from JDobbs :

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
The latest Professional Edition (VIP) version is v1.09.2, released on March 27th, 2006.
Released only to VIP contributors. The Professional Edition includes numerous improvements over the freeware version and a newer modernized interface. Read about the Pro Edition here. See the changes for this version here.

The latest Public Release version is v0.97, released on March 20th, 2006. You can get it here (jdobbs.net). Read about it here. The freeware version is now being distributed complete with the Rockas Installer. This distribution includes all associated apps, includings the recommended versions of the HC and QuEnc encoders (total 4.5MB). If are using a dialup connection and want to download just the Rebuilder executable in an "Update Only" zip file file -- you can get it here (about 591KB).

Last edited by techreactor; 28 Mar 2006 at 10:31 PM
techreactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2006, 03:22 AM   #2
BR7
He is coming to your little town!

I got v1.09.2 last night

My Blu-ray Collection
BR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2006, 03:43 AM   #3
Super Moderator

since PRO users receive updates automatically i'd appreciate it if i could add INFOS on new releases to the thread which i have created just for that purpose

i do appreciate your time but i'd like to keep these infos organized in the closed sticky which only mods can add to
UncasMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2006, 04:09 AM   #4
If you have any poo....throw it now

I'm surprised Tech beat you to it Uncas.

Furiousg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Mar 2006, 06:53 AM   #5
Super Moderator

it is not a matter of who posts first (i was away for a couple of days) but i want a decent overview in this forum and this overview can be achieved by using one thread and keeping that one up to date

single threads for different versions will be out of sight too soon and thus of no help and most importantly:

info on the pro version is sort of irrelevant for pro-users as they have the mail sooner than seeing a posting in this thread and for non-pro users it doesnt make much difference if infos are posted today or tomorrow

Last edited by UncasMS; 29 Mar 2006 at 06:59 AM
Old 29 Mar 2006, 03:52 PM   #6
Banned

I agree with you UncasMS, but the sticky thread for new versions was "locked" thats why I decide to post here.

You can merge this thread with the sticky one, please.
Old 30 Mar 2006, 04:35 AM   #7
Super Moderator

no offence meant, tech

---------

like before i will copy the content, which jdobbs put together in the readme, and add this info to the sticky

thanx for your understanding

Last edited by UncasMS; 30 Mar 2006 at 04:37 AM
Old 30 Mar 2006, 08:56 AM   #8
Not a god of digital video

All I can say is this is one of the greatest freebies in DVD Land.

And for $30, the pro version is worth it many times over. My only regret is that I held off so long on getting the pro version.

Thanks to jdobbs, Rockas, robot1, wmansir and all the folks who contribute to this abolutely premier product (including, of course, Hank and the authors of the truly amazing avisynth).

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2006, 10:19 AM   #9
BR7
He is coming to your little town!

I couldn't agree with you more blu I have had Pro for about 2 weeks now and I love all the extras that comes with it. I should be kicked in the butt for not getting it sooner
BR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2006, 03:39 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncasMS
no offence meant, tech

---------

like before i will copy the content, which jdobbs put together in the readme, and add this info to the sticky

thanx for your understanding
I never did mind, thats the right way to do things
Old 30 Apr 2006, 04:39 PM   #11
An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker

I've been a VIP since the rc days but have never used the program. I donated to help in it's development. I had just a PIII 733MHZ with 448MB of RAM at the time. I recently picked up a AMD 1500+ with 1GB of RAM tower and a P4 2GHZ 256MB ram laptop. So I have a machine, the AMD 1500+ that I could devote to DVDR Pro.

The DVD's I backup up are watched mostly on a 36" TV and used DVD shrink when needed.

I've been looking at the posts and was just wondering what kinda times I would be looking at for doing a 1.5 to 2hr DVD with no extras and still menus on it?
jm1647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2006, 04:51 PM   #12

It'd take overnight. Faster if you were in one pass mode. CCE is fastest encoder, Procoder 2 the slowest (but best IMO).

Regards
Old 30 Apr 2006, 05:16 PM   #13

Thanks blu, probably what 6-8 hours or so, not that it would matter 'cause the AMD 1500+ could be used for it. I guess the new quicker boxes get a whole lot better times.

I guess there is no rushing when it comes to quality.

Coupla DVDR newbie questions -

At what compression ratio in DVDShrink would you recommend using DVDR instead? Or am I asking the wrong question

If I have a DVD on the HDD that already fits on a DVD5 without using DVDShrink would using DVDR still make it look better. With the eyes I have and the TV I got I guess I'll see a difference. My son in law and future son in law have them 60" or so monsters. I guess they'll really see the difference when I lend them my backups to watch.
Old 30 Apr 2006, 06:30 PM   #14

Compression % is not what matters - it is bitrate, quant and how they are averaged around the DVD.

See Compression Explained in my signature.

IF your BR drops below say 4Mpbs, I'd use DVD Rebuilder, but if the compression is just 5-10% say, on your system, you might wanna go for DVD Shrink.

Regards
Old 1 May 2006, 02:36 PM   #15

blutach, once agoin Thanks!

Like I said before, what a signature.