Digital Video Forums

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Software Forums > DVD Rebuilder

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 17 May 2006, 05:51 PM   #121
BR7
He is coming to your little town!

What is the pupose of HybridFuPP I tried a search to find some settings for it but the threads on this are a mile long and a bit over my head
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt HybridFuPP.txt‎ (17.4 KB, 1043 views)

My Blu-ray Collection

Last edited by BR7; 17 May 2006 at 05:56 PM
BR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2006, 06:03 PM   #122
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR7
What is the pupose of HybridFuPP I tried a search to find some settings for it but the threads on this are a mile long and a bit over my head
Thanks
This Avisynth script enables both resizing and filtering. Distinct filters can be applied on the different parts of a same picture (edges, static areas, motion, dark and bright areas) : HybridFuPP is a kind of adaptive processor, allowing picture cleaning and compressibility gain.

Main idea consists in filtering strongly the less visible parts of the picture, and very softly the more visible ones. HybridFuPP uses masks to detect areas to process.

Standard processings proposed are : resizing (5 possibilities), static areas denoising, motion denoising, dark and bright areas denoising, chroma denoising (U and V channels), edges sharpening or softening (distinct horizontal and vertical settings), edges brightness control, deringing (removing artefacts around edges) and deblocking (removing blocks effects generated by mpeg compression).

Though HybridFuPP has been designed first to process rather clean materials, filtering package used is flexible and powerful enough to use it with noisy material too (depending on noise type) : increasing default settings could be though required.

HybridFuPP is provided with some presets, allowing beginners to use the script easily and other people to use these presets as basis for their explorations. Moreover, HybridFuPP allows users to define their own processing chains. Lot of things become then possible !

See here for the examples
techreactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2006, 06:13 PM   #123
BR7

This is nice Thanks Tech
Old 29 May 2006, 03:08 AM   #124

I've been using Undot and Deen every once in a while with Episode discs and other interlaced discs that I think would benefit from them. But I've just read a few posts where users are saying that you shouldn't use Undot or Deen with interlaced sources? However, the discs I've done that are interlaced look great and I can't see any problems with them. Anyone know anything on this subject, because if there is something wrong with using these filters with interlaced sources I don't want to continue to do it.
Ginji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2006, 08:55 AM   #125
Super Moderator

depends whether the filter is spatial or temporal, if temporal, its fine to process as is. if spatial you must separate fields first, then filter, then weave. undot is spatial and i think deen is both temporal and spatial-- needless to say both are fine with progressive sources

if not handled correctly you may notice some nasty artefacts

anonymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2006, 11:52 AM   #126

Ok.. thanks for the info. Still a little confused because I've used undot & deen (together and seperate..but mostly together) on interlaced sources ranging from interlaced black and white episodes to anime & other interlaced titles and haven't noticed any problems. I've also looked back over some previous projects, and they all look fine. And from the way you described the artifacts, I shouldn't have any problem spotting the side effects. I'm just glad I happened to read the post that informed me of this issue.
Ginji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2006, 12:24 PM   #127
Digital Video Enthusiast
Digital Video Enthusiast

You'll sometimes have a hard time finding the points at which failure to separate fields will actually show anything in playback. Usually it's when there is rapid movement of the camera or objects (so there is a large change in the picture in a 50th/60th of a second (PAL/NTSC). Sometimes the filters will even smooth the differences between fields when you don't separate them.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2006, 02:22 PM   #128
Banned

Both Anony and JDobbs are absolutely right in their posts, I agree.
Old 4 Jul 2006, 01:11 AM   #129

when using the avs filters, each filter that i need to use, do they need to be put in the filter editor the same way as Undot & fluxsmooth
example: LoadPlugin("crogramfiles\avsfilter\SmoothHiQ.dll ")
SmoothHiQ()
bradleyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jul 2006, 08:32 AM   #130
Super Moderator

put them in the avisynth plugin directory, ...\avisynth 2.5\plugins\ and no loadplugin() is needed
anonymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2006, 08:31 AM   #131
TBL

Hello,

to this date I've successfully used UnDot and FluxSmooth filters to all of my backups. However, now I'm doing one that requires something else. I've tried LRemoveDust and HybridFuPP but have no idea which settings work best.

The video has pretty heavy noise and is interlaced (?). To further complicate things, it has to be encoded from 7.2GB (I use HC 0.18) to 4.3GB, though it has a good bitrate to begin with.

I've uploaded a 29MB sample to http://rapidshare.de/files/27021532/test.rar.html

I'd love to hear some suggestions
TBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2006, 08:51 PM   #132
BR7

I found a new sharpening tool called Seesaw you may want to check out
Old 30 Aug 2006, 09:00 PM   #133
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR7 View Post
I found a new sharpening tool called Seesaw you may want to check out
I dont use it but its not that new also BR7, but thanks for the info.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 08:05 PM   #134
BR7

It's new to me And I put it up so others that don't know about it can benefit from it.It would be nice to see others posting stuff like this more often because not everyone can stay up to date
Old 2 Sep 2006, 06:44 AM   #135

woah settle down there gentlemen. Thank you so much for the info that tool is sooo amazing!!!!
youthinksoo is offline   Reply With Quote