Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidh
    • Mar 2003

Recommend Video Editing Software

Im looking for an intuitive video editing app. Im going to be using it for simple video editing, nothing fancy, i wouldnt even say i qualify as an amature video editor. Basicly i need something that gives me more flexibility than windows movie maker. recommendations please. thanks!
  • Spectate Swamp
    Suspended
    • Oct 2005

You could try my Visual Basic app.
    With a little coaching you can do everything.
    No editing required.
    It allows you to start and stop anywhere in a Video.
    It works best for mpeg-2 video, but does AVI and WMV
    see some of the demos at jusspress.com/jusjus/
    my site is http://www.telusplanet.net/public/stonedan/

A camcorder, a PC and this program is all you need.

Comment

• AVtektalk Host
      • Sep 2005

What platform? PC or Mac?

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

Sony has a basic program like MovieStudio and DVD and Ulead comes with Video Studio for beginner. These video editing programs are offered free trial period. Try them one at the time and decide which is the best for you

Regards

Comment

• davidh
          • Mar 2003

pc

Comment

• DiscCoasterPro
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Sep 2005

Hi David .. let me give you my take on this as a relative newbie to video editing. I have tried quite a few programs. Cyberlink Power Director 4, was ok but not even close to Ulead's product. The new version 10 of Pinnacle sucks IMHO (bad). I found Vegas and Adobe to be what I'll call anti intuitive. I'm sure they are great for the folks who know what they are doing. LOL.

I will tell you that "hands down" Ulead Video Studio 9 is by far the best and easiest. With that said, I will also tell you that I find myself using DVD Workshop 2 for 90% of what I need to do with video files. That is an authoring program more than an editor. Again this is for what I do most. Short clips of family events. I thought transtions were pretty neat in the beginning, but I quickly found that chapter breaks were much more practical. Either program will do the chapters, but the DVD Workshop allows you to be much more creative with menus, submenus' moving backgrounds, slideshows, and such.

I mostly need to trim, and menu. When I do use Uleads Video Studio I try to do my editing to AVIs rather than Mpegs and then I save to a video file as an AVI .. then I open DVD Workshop, menu and render. Never a problem.
            Last edited by DiscCoasterPro; 11 Oct 2005, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Working...