X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JakeBlues
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Dec 2006

LIGHTNING UK! Hello and greetings to you sir...
    I know who you are and I am VERY honored by your reply. I am just an average redneck white boy learning my way around the forum, please feel free to read all my past post and you will see (I am kinda dumb)
    But I am trying hard to be an active member of the forum. I am sorry but I do not know what "disc MID's to the table .." means. YES I am THAT stupid!!
    But since chewy, ratboy, soup, photoangel and other have made GREAT strides in coaching me along... I can AT LEAST bit set now!! hehehe
    PLEASE do not take "That new 'Automatic Write Speed' thingy.."
    as an insult. I am really trying to learn and have made GREAT PROGRESS since I've became a member of this forum.
    When you state "must be configured before it'll do anything!" PLEASE feel free to instruct me in the new design so I can learn, and hopefully others .. ie newbies and beginners can learn from any of my mistakes...
    It is very nice to meet you and I am honored at your reply to my post... (tips hat). Thank you.
    (PS... I am not sure whom gets the good guy award around here or whom hands them out... but Chewy and RatBoy and Soup and blutach.. and photoangel have my vote for being most patience and helpful to me in the forum... among others)
    Rock On Lighting UK.. rock on!
    Last edited by JakeBlues; 24 Feb 2007, 12:38 PM. Reason: can't spell worth a dang
    ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• JakeBlues
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Dec 2006

Sorry for one more post... BUT I MUST ASK THIS QUESTION...
      I thought in my research that I learned that a SLOWER read rate (ducks chewy's throwing stones) and a SLOWER burn rate was the way to go?!!??
      I thought as I have read... these things will help you from making more coasters!?? (ie, read and burn errors) AM I WRONG!???
      (still a learning... thanks)
      As it states in the golden rules of burning .."Rule 4. Burn at 4x max. It only takes an extra few minutes.If you got the above 4 things down pat, you'll probably never have another burn error!!!"
      Am I wrong in my interpretation of this rule?
      Last edited by JakeBlues; 24 Feb 2007, 12:36 PM. Reason: Spelling bee chump!
      ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

since imgburn reads only apply to verification, it's better to verify at a fast speed, your burns only go down hill with time, if a disk verifies at a fast speed it's more likely to be read at a later date

that's when you might be wanting to lower read speeds

Comment

• soup
          Just Trying To Help
          • Nov 2005

Now here is where I am going to guess. As I have 3 drives, if I leave "The Device" set as is letting ImgBurn "Please Select", no matter which drive I put this MID in, it will only burn at a Max of 4X?

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

after plugging that in what does changing the view by to device do?

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

I just did it and you can set each drive individually
                Attached Files

Comment

• soup
                  Just Trying To Help
                  • Nov 2005

You can also set different write speeds for each drive.

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

I guess the next thing to cover is the filter drive load order, this feature will be useful, if we can get people to use it before the bus gets so corrupt that imgburn doesn't see the drives anymore

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

well soup I was very impressed with your new dual layer guide/sticky in the ripit forum and you've almost created another one here

Comment

• alamo55
                        Gold Member
                        Gold Member
                        • Aug 2006

WOW!

Thanks Chewy and Soup, I have learned so much in the last few minutes about Imgburn and the settings.

Keep it up I am having fun!
                        "To The World You Are But One Person, But To One Person You Are The World"

Comment

• soup
                          Just Trying To Help
                          • Nov 2005

Thanks for the compliment alamo55 & Chewy, & of course Chewy you got me thinking again, so here it is. Again nothing fancy, just a pictorial journey through what I did. Now before I start, there is always the old fashioned way of just typing the MID in & then adding it as described by this pic.

Here we go:

Comment

• JakeBlues
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            Digital Video Enthusiast
                            • Dec 2006

Thank you Soup for the quick tutorial.. pretty cool stuff.
                            I wanted to paste this here also and ask what this mean...
                            From the ImgBurn window:
                            TOC Information:
                            Session 1...
                            -> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 2150687)
                            -> LeadOut (LBA: 2150688)
                            I've never seen this before...
                            PEACE

Comment

• soup
                              Just Trying To Help
                              • Nov 2005

I think that is better explained here than by me.

Comment

• JakeBlues
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                • Dec 2006

HEY SOUP!!!!!
                                Guess what?! I got a 93 on a quality burn check today! 1 yellow line 1/4 way up and the rest were greenies about 1/2 the row. NOT TOO BAD! Think the new ImgBurn has anything to do with it? The display graph using the DVDinfopro says for me to download it.. I tried like 5 times and it won't let me on the home page. Page says you have to pay$20 for it. How come we can't set the default to use the Nero CD-DVD Speed thingy and give us a choice, I already PAID for the nero. Just wondering.

Also.. if I use the one step method as many do... Why can we/they do a REAL one click method?..
                                example... Ripit4me/VTS/Decrypt/shrink/ImgBurn... topping it off with Nero CD-DVD Speed or info pro...
                                I mean dang I use the same languages.. same eveything to the target disk... Load the DVD in the player a blank Disk in the burner.. go to bed, to to the store when I return home... BANG it's done.
                                (All I have to do it read the Nero Speed notes and see how it came out?
                                ..I don't want anyone mad at me, but I am just askin`
                                Last edited by JakeBlues; 25 Feb 2007, 10:52 AM. Reason: One more thought...

Comment

Working...