• Show
Clear All
  • php111
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Aug 2007

How do i use ImgBurn to burn movies?

Hi,

How do i use ImgBurn to burn movies that are in .avi format?
  • kevdriver
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • May 2005

You Can't, You need a program to change the format to a dvd compliant one.... ISO. Lots out there, Google is a good friend.
    Oils well thats ends well.

Comment

• php111
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Aug 2007

Originally Posted by kevdriver
      You Can't, You need a program to change the format to a dvd compliant one.... ISO. Lots out there, Google is a good friend.
      If it gets changed to DVD complaint. Will it still be XviD or Divx or whatever format it is in? If i get to keep that format then how do i make it DVD compliant?

Comment

• blutach
        Not a god of digital video
        • Oct 2004

Well, ImgBurn can burn an AVI like any other data file. Use build mode. You will need to play it back on your PC, most likely.

To convert to standard DVD format (capable of playing back in any DVD player), use SUPER or DVD Flick.

Regards
        Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
        [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• php111
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Aug 2007

Originally Posted by blutach
          Well, ImgBurn can burn an AVI like any other data file. Use build mode. You will need to play it back on your PC, most likely.

To convert to standard DVD format (capable of playing back in any DVD player), use SUPER or DVD Flick.

Regards
          If i convert it to DVD standard. Will it still be an AVI format?

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

what exactly are you trying to?

details on the avi(s), size? what they will be playable in?

your questions are way too vague

Comment

• php111
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Aug 2007

Originally Posted by Chewy
              what exactly are you trying to?

details on the avi(s), size? what they will be playable in?

your questions are way too vague

I can certainly answer what they will play but before i can answer that i will need someone to reply to my topic in playback of the Divx section. If it doesn't play on my player then i would like it to be compatible with all players just in case if i get a player only if mine don't play. I hope someone replies to that topic with a yes it's playback.

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

and? that didn't work, your move

dvd standard means converting to a format that all dvd players will play

just like a regular video dvd

Comment

• php111
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • Aug 2007

Originally Posted by Chewy
                  and? that didn't work, your move

dvd standard means converting to a format that all dvd players will play

just like a regular video dvd
                  I convert them to XviD and Divx anyway. Is ImgBurn good or bad to burn AVI files? I would like to burn them so when or if i get a player they will be compatible with both PC and DVD players.

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

Imgburn is fine, just use build and add them as file or files and then use your burner as destination

Comment

• Jaymz13
                      • Feb 2007

.AVI on DVD-R

So basicly you are saying that .avi files burned to DVD-R with ImgBurn in build mode are DivX movies which will play back on any DivX capable DVD player? Is that essentially what you are saying? If so, then that is good news to me, because I've just ordered a Toshiba DVD Player/Recorder with DivX capability, and in anticipation of receiving this awesome machine via UPS, I've burned a TON of .avi files to DVD. If this is not what you are saying...well...on the bright side, I'm set for coffee coasters for life! hahahah...meh.

Comment

• soup
                        Just Trying To Help
                        • Nov 2005

Depends on the Codec used to get them to AVI & if the player supports it.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎