Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mutley
    • Apr 2002

Virtual Dub improper VBR audio Audio Synch Problems

Can somebody please help me with the following: I open an avi in virtualdub and get the following message: Virtualdun has detected an improber VBR audio encoding in the soure AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values etc...decompress the *entire* audio stream and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (nitrate 93.4 +- 28.3 kbps)

Now I understand the decompress bit but then I am totally lost!

Please can somebody help me??

Thanks in advance.

Mutley.
  • hermanthegerman
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2002

As far as I know, VirtualDub can not handle VBR (variable bitrate) audio, just CBR (constant bitrate). But Nandub can. So that's your choice.
    Nandub is almost the same as VirtualDub but can also handle VBR and multible audiostreams. So if you are familiar with VirtualDub you shouldn't have problems using Nandub.

Regards,
    hermanthegerman

Comment

• Mutley
      • Apr 2002

So now the problem is that when I am trying to decompress the audio I am getting the error: ACM reported error on audio decompress (b)

Anybody???????

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio

Simply use VirtualDub to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
        Load your original .AVI into VirtualDub
        From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"
        Then set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
        Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file).

Then close VirtualDub and restart it
        Set "Audio" to "No audio"
        Load your silent .AVI
        Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
        Under "Audio" click on "WAV Audio" and load your .WAV
        Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"
        From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose the appropriate .MP3 settings. Click on "OK"
        From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" and save your file with a new filename.

Comment

• BVB09
          • Jun 2002

I'v done all things just as setarip told, but VirtualDub still has problem: ACM Compressing Error (during the process)!!! What should I do now?

Comment

• MrSnail
            • Jun 2002

Sorry to dig up an old post like this but I was going to start a new one but did a search and found this.

I had this problem yesterday - I loaded in an avi with a vbr mp3 and it gave me the same error in virtualdub, and when direct streaming it to make a 1min sample of the file, the audio was way way out of sync - likes scenes and scenes.

So I put it in nandub and it was all ok.

However, I then went back to virtualdub and loaded in an avi from a pro release group and it was fine in virtualdub - and this was a vbr file in pretty certain.

Maybe I'll extract the audio stream and make sure.

Just wondered why this happens and whether I could fix it or not by encoding the vbr file better - at the moment I use besweet to encode the ac3 to wav and then RazorLame to convert the wav to vbr mp3.
            If at first you don't succeed, give up.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎