Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

"also if you hit browse new releases the new movies are about 3 weeks old, but if you enter netfix with out your username and stored info you get all the latest title releasted that week or day ect.."
    Why would you browse for movies not logged in?

Comment

• MrClean
      • Jun 2005

I got to thinking about this and even though it erks me that they claim to ship movies the same day, it's still WAY cheaper than Blockbuster.

I figure I'm spending about a $1.00 per movie, hard to argue with that price.

Comment

• TNT
        DVD Shrinker
        • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
        Hmmm... jmet, don't you have a library near you? I have a really nice one... they have all the new releases, which are only $2. But all the DVDs older than 2 yrs old are absolutely free, with no limit.
        Check out the selection! Also, they have some VHS releases of the older releases that you can't get on Netflix (the stuff that was never put on DVD)
        Were is this library do you go to? I've never heard of a library charging any money to borrow anything unless it's a special order or something. Sure they charge late fees, but not to borrow.
        Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
        I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

How else do they get money? I live in Michigan... the card catalog kinda gives that away, "Troy Public Library" They only charge for NEW releases, and you get them for a week, so they are better than Blockbuster where you pay $3.50 and get them for two days. But older movies and not popular ones are free. I will never use Blockbuster unless I got one of those free rental coupons, which I did once, becase you have to pay for EVERY movie.
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

• TNT
            DVD Shrinker
            • Jan 2004

Weird. I've never heard of it before. Thanks!
            Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
            I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• drfsupercenter
              NOT an online superstore
              • Oct 2005

You're welcome - certainly better than Netflix. See, thing is... my grandma's libabry only has older movies - they don't even have Return of the King yet. That is why they are free. My libaray literally gets the movies when they come out - within about three days, they have the movie on the shelf. That's why you gotta pay.
              CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
              Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• newmanae
                • Feb 2005

"but seeing that no one really likes Netflix i know who not to try."

Don't be discouraged by all the negatives, all things considered Netflix is still your best option. (unless you're blessed with a great library like DF)

Comment

• jmet
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2002

Netflix is good. I wouldn't use anything else!

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

clean and polish polish polish

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                      NOT an online superstore
                      • Oct 2005

Well, my dad got a free 6-month subscription (gift), and he liked it, but now he just uses the library like me. My library also lets you place holds for items, especially popular ones that are hard to find on the shelf (because so many people check it out)
                      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                      Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• Love2Burn
                        • Feb 2006

It is true

Sorry to bump an older thread but this article was in cnn today and might be of interest to those posting on this thread. I really like netflix but this practice should have been advertised as such.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

lol. that's why i don't do nothin online. can't be trusted. that net flix should be boycotted and all of them sued.
                          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                          Columbo moments...
                          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• spuddog

Hey LT. What you do here online is certainly not "nuthin", and everyone trusts you. But, seriously I have been with Netflix for a couple of years. Do I get every movie want as quickly as I want? No. But try going to the video store and getting a new release. I maintain a list of 15-20 movies I want, and they sent 2-3 per week. I really like that I can get old and hard to find stuff (old sci-fi), series. It's like anything else, if you don't like the service don't pay.

Scott

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

i should have said i don't buy nothin online. i guess they have at least one happy customer.
                              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                              Columbo moments...
                              "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                              (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• H@X
                                BURNER
                                • Nov 2005

it's not too bad. i am getting throttled too like everyone but what are you gonan do? you can slow down on how fast you return them and they will send them to you faster but in the end it works out the same. during my trial period they were smoking and sending them from local centers. now they get sent to me from across the country. i'm on the east coast and my movies come from the west.

it's still a good deal though. even if i only get 2 per week. that would cost me $32.24 at my local store and i'd have to go to the store and deal with all that plus the cost of gas.

it was a better deal during the trial period but it's still a good deal.

as far as postage i'm not sure what they get charged for shipping but i'm positive it's a reduced rate. they ship so much that the post office probably charges them like 10 or 11 cents per dvd.

i used to work in a billing center that mailed out credit card statements all over the country and the post office cut them a huge break like that,

Comment

Working...