Cyberlink Power Director 5 problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cellar uncle
    • Feb 2006

I have checked "non-real-time" but I also tryed it unchecked to and no difference. But Im a bit confused as to what they mean by saying it will continue capturing after camera has stopped. If I have a 2 minute film clip and I capture in "non-real time", then after the 2 minutes is up, do I wait a while for the non-real time function to continue capturing and if so, how do I know how long to wait ? Also, it mentions capture speed affecting the quality of the finished film. I cant see anything to tell how to choose capture speed.

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

Also, it mentions capture speed affecting the quality of the finished film. I cant see anything to tell how to choose capture speed.
      Capture speed depends on the cpu power and the video card capabilities.Some times the rate of capture is not as fast as the rate of playback.Hence the need for non-real time capture.
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• cellar uncle
        • Feb 2006

I get it now. So if I finished capturing and wanted to go to the next stage, would I have to wait while the program continued to capture in non-real time ?

Comment

• paglamon
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

I think u should.But then why go for non real time unless the rate of dropped frames is too high.How many frames r u dropping if u capture real time?
          sigpic

Comment

• cellar uncle
            • Feb 2006

Well as yet Ive not managed to capture in ANY time. After 10 seconds it just shuts down in "single scene capture". I havnt been able to batch capture either but I dont know if its something Im doing wrong or if its due to the same problem that makes the program shut down.

Comment

• paglamon
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

what does the support centre say?
              sigpic

Comment

• cellar uncle
                • Feb 2006

They said to try a different tape, I did, no difference, so they asked me what connects camcorder to computer (firewire ) and what sort of camcorder (JVC GR-D53AA ). I am waiting on their reply. On thursday Im getting a new video card and a computer expert is going to check it out so maybe something will happen. Its pretty frustrating having this new program, itching to give it a go and not being able to get past stage one.
                Im so thankful for this site and the help Ive received here, because I really havnt a clue what Im doing. Thanks for your interest Paglamon.

Comment

• paglamon
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2005

Keep us informed about further developments.I personally quite like CPD ,although it is a bit heavy on the system.For faster processing I use Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD.And I capture in Virtualdub.
                  sigpic

Comment

• cellar uncle
                    • Feb 2006

What do you mean when you say "faster processing ', please excuse my near total ignorance but processing what ?
                    Can you use a bit of one program, a bit of another ? Are they compatible with each other?
                    I have been given a link to download virtualdub free. Would I be better to capture with that and then use CPD for everything else ?
                    Why do you use virtualdub rather than CPD to capture ?

Comment

• paglamon
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Aug 2005

By Faster processing I actually meant post processing i.e editing after capture.I found editing in Womble much faster than CPD or Ulead Video Studio.But Womble can only produce MPEGs.
                      As for using different programmes for capture and editing, there is no problem of incompatibility.I use Virtualdub(or VirtualVCR) to capture as they produce lesser dropped frames for me.I capture as AVI using Picvideo MJPEG codec.Then I import the AVI to CPD or Womble for editing.BTW,mine is an analog source.
                      See this link for a guide to capture:
                      http://forums.virtualdub.org/index.p...6&t=35&s=6Nero Serial Removedccf
                      sigpic

Comment

• Mike F
                        • Feb 2007

Try this it worked for me.

Originally Posted by cellar uncle
                        I got Power Director 5 and have run into problems.First, I tried to capture some footage and it began ok but after about 20 seconds would freeze on the screen ( while continuing on the camera ) and then the program would shut down.
                        Now I cant get it to capture at all. I select "capture" but go straight to "capture microphone ". The option for "DV Camcorder" wont light up. When I click on it nothing happens.
                        Also, what do the mean by "set your camera to VCR mode " ?

How I fixed the same problem. That is until I get a better video card.
                        Open your project in Power D.
                        Open capture.
                        Go to profile.
                        Go to edit. Open Video.
                        Change resolution. (640 x 480 full screen) –apply and save as a custom setting.
                        Good Luck.
                        Mike F
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎