X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Blu-ray 3D now available on the PC thanks to PowerDVD Ultra "Mark II"

Cyberlink today released the eagerly awaited "Mark II" patch for PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D users. The patch enables playback of Blu-ray 3D discs for those with the required hardware.

The patch is free for all purchasers of PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D, and for new buyers of the software, you get a free copy of Power2Go 6, as well as 5% off the total purchase price. Use this link to get to the offer.

PowerDVD Ultra software page:

PowerDVD Ultra can playback Blu-ray movies on your computer, with support for Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD, interactive content and more
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Managed to get PowerDVD 10 Ultra 3D Mark II (that's a mouthful) to play a Blu-ray 3D movie successfully on my new Samsung 3D plasma. Was a bit tricky, but the effects worked well. You'll need the latest firmware for the Samsung TVs I believe, but the trick is to set the TV in "PC mode" (by editing the source name and changing it to "PC") after connecting your PC to the HDMI 1 port. I used a resolution of 1920x1080 @ 120Hz.

And then, start PowerDVD 3D, set the 3D option to enable Blu-ray 3D support, and use the "3D Ready HDTV" option (I also had to change "eye view" to right). Start the movie and then start the 3D mode on the TV, and select the checkerboard option, and 3D will work.

I'm doing this on a Radeon HD 4xxx series, btw.

It's not full 1080p res 3D, but until ATI release 3D supporting catalyst drivers (later this year, we're told), this will have to do.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎