X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • agent078
    • Apr 2003

how to create dvd w/selectable subtitle

Hello,

I would really wish someone could help me on this. I have a lot of divx files and .srt file for subtitle. However, I can't figure out how to burn them to dvd+r 4.7 GB. Especially, adding the subtitle that could be remove or added with the click of a button on the remote control.

Plus I would still like to create menus.

Can anybody please help me out. Thank you.
  • meranykta
    • Jun 2003

Hi
    Apart from a burning program like Nero, MicroDVD would do all the rest you need, unless you wish your movie to be played back on a typical stand-alone DVD player, which means you 're looking for a freeware (if possible) DVD authoring program (and you 're not the only one) with the capability to both create menus and accept subtitles. Oh! in the 2nd case you need an mpeg2 encoder; you need to encode your divx to mpeg2 first. "tmpgenc" can do it. Let's go to the authoring now. If we forget DVDMaestro or Scenarist (because of the price or ... complexity?) or even DVDJunior (whose demo is fully operating provided your video is up to 1 minute - are you interested?), all I can suggest that you do is : Create your DVD structure with menu with e.g. Ulead DVD or SpruceUp which is quite easy, but none of them accept subtitles. Save files in folder A. Create once more your DVD with "ifoedit" authoring program which does not create menu BUT allows insertion of subtitle file in sup format. Save files in folder B. You probably need a text to sup converter. Get microDVD to sup from doom9.org (subtitles section, "DVD Subtitle converter") or try srt to sup converter. Ok so far? Get "ifoupdate" program and run it. Insert vts_01_0.ifo of folder A as "original" ifo and vts_01_0.ifo of folder B as "authored" ifo. Without touching any other settings press update ifo. Now the regarded as original ifo has changed (the old one is saved meanwhile in a folder defined by you). Last step: replace vts_01_1.vob of folder A with vts_01_1.vob of folder B which is submuxed. That's all. The folder A represents a well dressed DVD (with menu and selectable subs) now on your hard disk ready to be burned. Always remember to save your DVD files under a directory called video_ts to allow DVD software players to play them (just for check before burning).
    Now, for homework could you please find me a better way... for instance an authoring tool accepting vobs. Take your time. I can wait. Cheers
    Last edited by meranykta; 9 Sep 2003, 06:30 AM.

Comment

• meranykta
      • Jun 2003

Some good news. DVD-lab authoring program accepts vob files. Insert the one you have made with ifoedit (subtitled), create menu and compile!!! No need to ifoupdate.
      Last edited by meranykta; 23 Jul 2003, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎