Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to hardcode subtitles into divx movies?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redshadow01
    • Feb 2003

how to hardcode subtitles into divx movies?

Hi there. I'm trying to preserve the foreign language subtitles in James Bond "Die Another Day", and I would like to have them hardcoded into the AVI and not have to have the VobSub direct show filter for playback. I have looked in this forum and in various faq's, but, have come up empty on a way to do this.

I have ripped the forced subtitles only using SubRip, but from this point I'm stuck.

Any help you could offer is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    RedShadow
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You can accomplish this by using VirtualDub and the (surprise!) VobSub plug-in for VirtualDub...

Comment

• zymbalist
      • Jun 2003

could anyone please be more specfic on how to do this with virtualdub? I have avi files and matching .sub and .srt subtitle files and would need to mux them together without needing any further filters/plugins...
      Many thanks!

Comment

• vanko
        • Jun 2003

setarip
        i have the same problem.there isnt vobsub plugin in the virtual dub.i installed only vobsub 2.23.exe but i cant find the plugin in the virtualdub

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To vanko

Go to:

Download VobSub (DirectVobSub, VSFilter), a tool that extracts subtitles from VOB files and to play back movie files with subtitles

Comment

• ChristianHJW
            matroska project member
            • May 2003

Use matroska as container instead of old AVI, and mux your subs into the same file using VirtualdubMod, but without hardcoding them into the video please ..... the loss of quality for the necessary reencoding of the video sucks badly, and hardcoded subs in the picture suck even more IMHO ....

With latest DVobSub 2.25 you can display any UTF8 subtitle stream in a matroska file, our record for a test file was 63 different languages now .....
            Support the future of audio and video encoding, matroska as open standard container format and Gstreamer as open source, x-platform multimedia platform - Contact us on Corecodec, the concentric circles of audio and video, or on IRC.CORECODEC.COM #matroska ; for best viewing matroska file use The Core Media Player ( TCMP )

Comment

• vanko
              • Jun 2003

for redshadow01 and zymbalist .i couldnt do this with vob sub ,but i dine it with virtualdub,sub station alpha 4.08 and subtitler filter for virtualdub.it was very easy.

Comment

• scdlcgs
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Apr 2003

This doesnt solve the problem, the page given by setarip doesnt show that famous plug-in... the original question hasnt been answered...
                Scdlcgs- Improving... Editing is my thing! Have patience...

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

As an alternative, go to:

for Avery Lee's (VirtualDub author) own subtitle filter for VirtualDub...

Comment

• scdlcgs
                    Gold Member
                    Gold Member
                    • Apr 2003

thanks setarip, that really helped...
                    Scdlcgs- Improving... Editing is my thing! Have patience...

Comment

• vanko
                      • Jun 2003

to setarip
                      can you tell me which program is better to use.vobsub or sub station alpha.because i still cant use vobsubbut i make hardcode subtitles with sub station and it works very good(i think so).but i cant say nothing about vobsub.
                      and another question-i have an avi file.i am trying now to make it with hardcode sub. but when i load it into virtualdub and try to save avi as ...... the movie stops on the first second.and another one.i cant watch it without ffdshow filter.is this the problem?do i need a ffdshow filter for virtualdub?
                      thanks

Edit : removed name of possibly pirated movie
                      Last edited by admin; 23 Jun 2003, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• indigo0086
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ChristianHJW
                        Use matroska as container instead of old AVI, and mux your subs into the same file using VirtualdubMod, but without hardcoding them into the video please ..... the loss of quality for the necessary reencoding of the video sucks badly, and hardcoded subs in the picture suck even more IMHO ....

With latest DVobSub 2.25 you can display any UTF8 subtitle stream in a matroska file, our record for a test file was 63 different languages now .....
                        mux, matroska, I don't know what this all means.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎