X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrk
    • Jul 2003

Can't open avi file

Hello there.

So, I have a problem with an avi file. It seems that the fíle is somewhat corrupt (might be due to incomplete download..). So is there a program/codec/anything that allows you to view incomplete avi files? I know divfix would do the trick, but the file is burned on cd already.

I have divx and xvid codecs as well as some filters and such. Compability is not the problem here, I know that. I use windows mediaplayer, so don't recommend Playa to me or anything plz, I've tried multiple players. I just want to know if there's a prog that allows to view incomplete avi files.

So help out here!

also, I remember having a program that showed all codecs that an avi file has. What might that be and where can I get it?

Thanks in advance.

-Mrk
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I know divfix would do the trick, but the file is burned on cd already."

if you're certain of this, simply copy the file to your hard drive,repair it, and burn a new CD...

" I remember having a program that showed all codecs that an avi file has. What might that be"

You're probably referring to GSpot - click on the link to DivXDigest at the top of this page...

Comment

• Mrk
      • Jul 2003

"if you're certain of this, simply copy the file to your hard drive,repair it, and burn a new CD... "

Did it. Didn't work. Now I'm ****ing pissed. I remember it worked fine about a year ago. I'm just about to throw my comp out of the window...

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Just for the heck of it, try the following (if the file is accepted as input):

1) Load the video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎