Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leevirg
    • Jun 2003

Audio Control Problems

Of the movies I have downloaded five have a problem of the audio surging, like going real high then fading real low, they all are Ac3 audio. I have the Ac3 filter installed. Is there a setting that needs to be made in the Ac3 filter to cure this problem?
  • BoF
    • Nov 2001

hope you use ac3filter, you can apply realtime dynamic compression/normalisation.
    [www.scandiumrecords.com][Logan dataspirit]

Comment

• leevirg
      • Jun 2003

Iam using Ac3 filter. What is (realtime dynamic compression/normalisation.) Is that a setting in Ac3 filter??

Comment

• BoF
        • Nov 2001

<i>picture taken from ac3filter.sourceforge.net</i>
        check normalize and set master gain to 100%

Comment

• leevirg
          • Jun 2003

I will try that. You have file running in ac3 in your picture How do you load a file into ac3 ??

Comment

• BoF
            • Nov 2001

you don't load a file into a filter:
            when you use an application like media player, it detects what kinds of codecs it needs to render each stream of your file..
            so: play a movie with an ac3 stream under media player (classic), go to ac3filter properties and you 'll see ac3filter "in use".

Comment

• leevirg
              • Jun 2003

I understand. I set all of the settings in ac3 to default except the gain and it works perfect. THANK YOU KINDLY!!

Comment

• bckeeping
                • Aug 2003

Surging problem with AC3 filter

Just a quickie... I too have had this surging problem with the ac3 codec. I tried to do as suggested and alter the settings, but I noticed that in your screen grab something actually appears to be happening in the properties screen! I am using Media Player 9 and even when there is a video playing and there is audio being decoded, nothing appears to be happening in the ac3 filter properties dialogue.
                Is there something I am doing wrong?

Comment

• BoF
                  • Nov 2001

I've never used such a player (wmp9) but I'm pretty sure you can't go to the filter properties from wmp9.
                  play your video-ac3 file with WMP6.4 (Start->Run->"mplayer2.exe") then go to File->Properties...

Comment

• TheFool
                    • Jun 2004

i think im havint the same exact problem but for some reason only divx can play the audio at all, but in the beginning it plays fine but when i start skipping between parts in the movie i hear a loud CLICK then the volume lowers dramaticly...

ive had the AC3Filter for a while already, and its still happening...

i noticed in the pic BoF posted that there were things changing and it knew all the info in the bitstream information section part... why is it that when i open mine the levels and cpu usage arent changing and the chennels says 1+1 - Dual mono, sample rate, bitrate, freq, frames/errors are all set to 0... its like that even when im playing a movie with ac3 audio in divx...

i tried reinstalling ac3filter and still same problem... im kinda stuck with nothing to do... can anyone help me???

im on windows xp pro, intel 3gh 800fsb, 512mb pc3200 memory, and I NEED HELP!!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎