Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShoGun
    • Jul 2003

Convert SVCD To DVD

I have read most of the threads in this forum trying to find something that would help me. After reading through nearly 100 different posts its blown my brain lol

Basicly i am after information on how to convert SVCD to DVD, i have a few movie's on SVCD and would like to burn them to DVD if possible.

If anyone can help me could you be as descriptive as possible please because from the nature of this post it would be my 1st time.

Many Thanks in advance.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If you are asking how to make an actual DVD, with compliant DVD structure (as opposed to simply burning SVCDs to a DVD), try the following:

1) Use TMPGEnc to de-multiplex the SVCD file (usually "AVSEQ001.MPG"), as follows:

TMPGEnc>>File>>MPEGTools>>DeMultiplex

2) Use "TMPGEnc" (Main window) to load FIRST the .M2V videostream and SECOND the .MP2 audiostream. To convert to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format, use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template(Under the "Advanced" tab, change "Source aspect ratio to 720x480 NTSC, or 720x576 PAL).

3) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" v.1.5.11.37 (a different program than "TMPGEnc) to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish). If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• ShoGun
      • Jul 2003

thanks for the quick reply, where can i d/l "TMPGEnc DVD Author" v.1.5.11.37 from plz

Thanks in advance

P.S I got to stage 2 of your instructions and so far so good, thanks

Comment

• ShoGun
        • Jul 2003

i found it :/

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"P.S I got to stage 2 of your instructions and so far so good, thanks"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

i have a few movie's on SVCD and would like to burn them to DVD if possible.
            then go for it: burn the svcd data to dvd but dont have them reencoded and upsampled and thus decrease their quality using the described tmpeg routine.

upscaling some 480 x 576/480 to 720 x 576/480 is quite a waste of time and more important an unnecessary loss of quality.

keep the original svcd-quality and burn this data to dvd. only the sound will have to be altered fro 44.1 khz to 48khz which doesnt mean much loss as opposed to reencoding and upsampling the videostream.

dvdlab for example is an excellent dvd authoring tool that lets you burn some 2-3 svcds to 1 dvd with ease.

Comment

• ShoGun
              • Jul 2003

"keep the original svcd-quality and burn this data to dvd. only the sound will have to be altered fro 44.1 khz to 48khz which doesnt mean much loss as opposed to reencoding and upsampling the videostream."

Yes this sounds good but errmm how?

As i have said i dont know anything about this so plz basic step by step instructions????

Again Thanks in advance and thanks for your paitence.

I have d/led:

TMPGEnc

TMPGEnc DVD Author

What do i need to do to "keep the original svcd-quality and burn this data to dvd"

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

using tmpeg only is no good choice.

like i said before the advise given above would mean to re-encode which wont improve your videos quality and since you wanted to burn the svcd data to dvd it is no good advise.

take a look at this:

Last edited by UncasMS; 30 Jul 2003, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• ShoGun
                  • Jul 2003

i d/l the dvdlab and i had this error:

"The Vob file has an encrypted video stream
                  The file can't be demuxed."

Any idea's plz ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• UncasMS
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2001

can you play this file without any problem or can you at least open it in tmpeg?

Comment

• ShoGun
                      • Jul 2003

the two files its created Audio and Video both can be played in media player without any problem

Comment

• ShoGun
                        • Jul 2003

i opened both video and audio in tmpeg and clicked start and it seems to be doing it ok

Comment

• setarip
                          Retired
                          • Dec 2001

"The Vob file has an encrypted video stream
                          The file can't be demuxed."

If you've discarded my suggestion and are now following the procedures suggested by UncasMS, you should be loading a file named "AVSEQ001.MPG" (from your SVCD) into DVDLab.

What is the source for the .VOB file are you trying to load into DVDLab?

Comment

• ShoGun
                            • Jul 2003

I haven't discarded your suggestion at all, i am trying to do it your way as i dont want to loose any quality, i am loading the AVSEQ01.MPG to dvdlab from my CD_ROM which is where the SVCD is on disc.

Comment

• setarip
                              Retired
                              • Dec 2001

"i am loading the AVSEQ01.MPG to dvdlab from my CD_ROM which is where the SVCD is on disc."

If that's the case, I don't understand why DVDLab is generating an error regarding a .VOB file (since the file is not a .VOB file). I've tested this myself and DVDLab did not generate such an error (It only advised that the audiostream had to be converted from 44,100Hz to 48,000Hz).

Perhaps UncasMS can provide you with further enlightenment...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎