Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pinhead64
    • Feb 2004

authoring help

absolute newb to this and I'm real confused. I have figured out how to use dvd shrink to capture clips from a dvd. My question is how to combine the .vob and .ts files together and be able to add transitions between the clips? If I use dvdshrink to combine the clips it will be all choppy and I'd like to add some splash pages with titles in between the clips. I'm just trying to make a dvd of some funny clips from some moives for myself.
  • wrecked4
    • Apr 2002

you can use TMPGEnc DVD Author (30 day trial) to do all this. But you can also do it with some free apps too.

Ok first off the reason you get that slight pause is when the dvd changes title sets (playing from VTS_01_1.VOB to VTS_02_1.VOB.)

So what we do is, put all the vob's in the same folder and rename them all like this.

VTS_01_001.vob <-clip
    VTS_01_002.vob <-splash screen
    VTS_01_003.vob <-clip
    and so on.

VTS_01_001.vob being you first clip/splash you want to play and VTS_01_002.vob the second clip/slash and so one. Now in vobedit open your first vob (VTS_01_001.vob) now got to Edit>Join Clips> save as VOB_01_1.vob> then fist VOB-ID is 1 >OK. It will now join the clip.
    then use ifoedit to make your ifo's
    Click on the Create IFOs button.
    Open the first VTS_01_1.vob
    Select use same as source
    OK

Comment

• pinhead64
      • Feb 2004

That helps thanks, but what I'm trying to do is get the files into something I can add transitions in. So far what I've been able to do is use dvd2avi to create an avi file and a wav for the audio, then use TMPGEnc to combine them into an mpeg, then import them into Pinnacle Studio where I can add what I want. Problem now is the output file of Pinnacle doesn't have the audio, regardless of which format I try, dvd, mpeg, avi. So maybe that gives you an idea of what I'm trying to do. Thanks again.

Comment

• raja1
        • Mar 2004

Absolutely new to this Forum. Not new to Authoring! I understand and have burned DVD-R using the Technique provided by wrecked4. For some reason, I have encountered the following problem. The Burned DVD-R plays perfectly on my computer using WinDVD but in my Stand alone Apex DVD player at begining of each chapter there is a repeat of 3-5 seconds of the Video and Audio. For Example, chapter 1 ends and chapter 2 begins fine but 3-5 seconds into playing, the playback goes back to begining of chapter 2 and now plays chapter 2 fine and proceeds to chapter 3 where the same occurs, 3-5 seconds of chapter 3 is repeated. In the past, I used Smartripper to rip out clips, join using VOBextra, and create IFO using IFOEdit(used VOBExtra and Get VTS sector), and DVDFab to correct DVD Navigation Packet and Image using ImageTool and the DVD-R that I burned worked fine in computer and stand alone DVD player. The only thing I did different is I used DVD Shrink 3.1.5 to cut out the VOB Clips from different DVDs, instead of Smartripper. I do not know if Splitting VOBs with Dvd Shrink can cause this problem? Does anyone know? Help!!!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎