Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TMPGEnc stopped showing DivX Codec. Why?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stormblade
    Video Editing Newbie
    • Jan 2002

TMPGEnc stopped showing DivX Codec. Why?

It's weird. It used to show it. Then I was testing out something and uninstalled DivX 5.0, installed 3.11 then 4.0 then installed 5.0. Now when I go into TMPGEnc and try to save as AVI I don't see DivX as one of my options and I used to.

I went into Virtual Dub to see what it had and sure enough it had all the codecs I expected to see.

Any ideas how to get TMPGEnc to show up DivX and others like Virtual Dub is?
    My Awesome Computer System called Midnight
    The worth of your opinion is in direct proportion to the number of people who have asked for it.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Now when I go into TMPGEnc and try to save as AVI I don't see DivX as one of my options and I used to."

have you clicked on the teensy weensy sliver of a tab to the right of the "Video" box, after you've selected "Output to File" from the "File" dropdown menu?

Comment

• Stormblade
      Video Editing Newbie
      • Jan 2002

Yes it's this list that I was referring to. After I select save to AVI I select the button (Which I can't see well) and I get a list of Video compression codecs to choose from. I used to see DivX along with some others there but after a series of uninstalls and re-installs it has disappeared.

However, under Virtual Dub they all still show up so I know they are installed. But how to get TMPGEnc to re-read them or whatever I don't know.
      The worth of your opinion is in direct proportion to the number of people who have asked for it.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Pure speculation on my part, try one of two things:

1) Under the "Options" dropdown menu, click on "TMPGEnc is registered to VFAPI", which should put a checkmark next to it

or

2) Uninstall and then reinstall TMPGEnc

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Stormblade
          Video Editing Newbie
          • Jan 2002

I did #1 with no results but about #2. Reinstalling? The download I got was simply a zip with all the contents. My installation included simply unzipping to the directory. So I deleted the folder and unzipped everything again. Was this what I needed to do? In any case that didn't restore the list. Where does TMPGEnc get this list?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Where does TMPGEnc get this list?"

From the same place VirtualDub gets it - therefore, what you are indicating now is perplexing.

Which video compression codecs DOES TMPGEnc now list when you select .AVI as the output format and then click on that little sliver of a tab next to the "Video" box? By the way, you do see a checkmark next to the word "Video", don't you?

Did your zipfile include the required companion VFAPI file? Did you run the VFAPI.bat file to install it?
            Last edited by setarip; 11 Mar 2002, 02:19 AM.

Comment

• Stormblade
              Video Editing Newbie
              • Jan 2002

Yes I the checkmark by the video is checked. The zipfile that contained TMPGEnc did not come with Vfapi. I had to download that seperately from the website. I extracted it into the same directory as the program and ran the .bat file to install it. I then went into TMPGEnc and made sure that the TMPGEnc is registered to VFapi was checked.

As for what I'm seeing, I took some captures to show you and I'm attaching a zip. In the zip you will have 3 pictures.

The compression.jpg shows TMPGEnc's list. The only codec not shown in the list is the no compression option which is at the very bottom and the Cinepak codec which was at the top. Other than those two options that is the entire list.

The other two are what I see in virtual dub and I took two captures to get the entire list. Also Adobe Premiere shows all of them as well.
              Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

I'm totally mystified.

What version of TMPGEnc are you using?

Comment

• Stormblade
                  Video Editing Newbie
                  • Jan 2002

Running the latest. 2.53.35.130. Running under Widows XP.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎