Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pimp_Stylez
    • Dec 2001

No video, No sound

I have just downloaded an avi that opens in wmp but there is no sound or video. Also, when I try to open it in "the playa", it says that it can't open the destination file specefied. I have divx 3.11, 4.02, and 4.11 with the NIMO433 codecs installed as well. Is there anything that I can do to get this to run?

Also, when using divfix (because I thought the file might be incomplete), it continually is reading errors
  • RichPuke
    • Dec 2001

Hi i'm having the same problems, and getting no where fast.
    Please let me know if your problem is resolved.
    I might just go out and buy the God Damn movie !!!
    Cheers
    RichPuke

Comment

• feenin1
      • Dec 2001

Same here lord of the rings doesn't work for me!! What does [nm] stand for?

Comment

• RichPuke
        • Dec 2001

Lord of the Rings

I can't believe its the same file .
        but I have 2 different versions of part 2.
        Iwonder if the files are faulty?
        my files are:-
        [pz]Lord of the Rings-[cam2of2].avi
        [vV]Lord of the Rings.unsubbed.ts.tmfvcd.cd2.divx.avi

Iwonder if anybody else has been able to play these.
        Keep in touch....Ithink we're on to something.
        Cheers
        RichPuke

Comment

• Elenkis
          • Dec 2001

Having same problems, can't play any Lord of the Rings avi files (I can play the trailers etc just fine, but not the movie itself). Always get no sound and no audio, just a black picture.

I've tried pretty much every codec and several players, none work. I also noted that I can't even load the files in The Playa, it just says files cannot be opened. When I did an error check with DivFix it finds several corrupted frames, tried stripping and rebuilding index but no luck there... Lets see, tried in both Win98 SE and Win XP. I have no problems playing any other divx movies.

The latest file I tried was:
          Fellowship of the Ring WORKPRINT [DivX] (1-2).avi

I find it hard to believe that the problem is that every single version of the movie floating around is corrupt... They all have same no video, no audio problem... I'm guessing they're most likely all fakes. None of the big groups have released a version yet, so they most likely arent even real.
          Last edited by Elenkis; 21 Dec 2001, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• RichPuke
            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Elenkis
            Having same problems, can't play any Lord of the Rings avi files (I can play the trailers etc just fine, but not the movie itself). Always get no sound and no audio, just a black picture.

I've tried pretty much every codec and several players, none work. I also noted that I can't even load the files in The Playa, it just says files cannot be opened. When I did an error check with DivFix it finds several corrupted frames, tried stripping and rebuilding index but no luck there... Lets see, tried in both Win98 SE and Win XP. I have no problems playing any other divx movies.

The latest file I tried was:
            Fellowship of the Ring WORKPRINT [DivX] (1-2).avi

I find it hard to believe that the problem is that every single version of the movie floating around is corrupt... They all have same no video, no audio problem... I'm guessing they're most likely all fakes. None of the big groups have released a version yet, so they most likely arent even real.

Thanx for the info. I find that very interesting.
            I take it this happens a lot when a new film is released?
            Cheers
            RichPuke

Comment

Working...