X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lyndsey.c.green
    • Dec 2006

Originally Posted by thomas_matthew
    ok, i found it.
    right-click the nvidia icon, select TV OUTPUT and then slide saturation to the middle.
    does that work?

also, see this other guy's answer:
    For some reason, a certain setting changes when you install the most recent update of Nvidia drivers. Mine happend to be version "66.93_win2kxp_english.exe". First, open your Display Properties and click on the [Settings] tab. Click the [Advanced] button. Click on the [GeForce (etc.)] tab. Select from the side menu [nView Display Settings]. Right click the display that should be your TV (normaly either "2" or "1b" ). Highlight [Select TV Format]. Click [Advanced...] at the bottom of the menu. Change "Video output format:" from [Auto-select] to the apropriate connector. Click [Device Adjustments]. Move the "Saturation" slider or just click [Restore Defaults]. Hopfully this should solve the problem.
    This did the job for me Cheers

Just one small prob to tackle...I can't get the video or whatever to play on the TV just get a blank screen ??? everything else on the monitor is there?? also the pic is a bit ****e<_< Its taken me all day to sort the above cos I'm not all that clever with settings lol

If someone could explain to me how to set up the TV so I can watch vids on the pc that would be smashing x x x

Comment

• chainsawbunny
      • Dec 2006

got some of the same prob with my NVidia GF6700GT butt my problem is that the picture and colour is all messed up and it have worked before, butt now i cant seam too find out to get the picture right, it seam that my gfx card is set to HDTV (LCD TV) and i have a regular TV, is that my problem ? can some1 plz help me thanks

Comment

• targa
        • Dec 2006

Saturation Fix Worked, Thanks!

Thanks for the tip on saturation level !! I downloaded latest NVIDIA driver for my MX440 last night, data rate so slow I fell asleep. When I woke up the tv display was black and white. Changing the saturation level as suggested fixed it, thanks!!

Comment

• four
          • Jan 2007

I am oh-so-happy that I came across this thread at your fine, fine Forum! Whew! Am I glad! lol

I found a reply and it solved MY "black and white" TV out problem.

I have a FX5900 and finally bought a S-Video to RCA plug today and a RCA to RCA cable to run to my TV. I was running nVidia 91.31 driver and had CLONE mode running and it worked great. And then, I made the mistake..."hmmm, maybe if I upgrade to the latest driver, I could use DUALMODE?!?" lol I didn't realize the workings of it all then. So I upgraded to 93.73 and when I rebooted, etc. all I got was black and white. Hey! That ain't right!

So I uninstalled, reinstalled 91.31 but still! The same doggone problem! hehehe

I looked thru everything...I tried this setting...I tried THAT setting. And then, I poured a cup of coffee and another and another and scoured the Net for any possible hint.

That, my friends, is when I found the Golden Thread...here.

When I updated drivers, settings were changed. The first go around, I hadn't touched a thing but hook things up and go into CLONE. My mistake actually was that I should have used CLASSIC settings for the nVidia Control Panel Interface and NOT the new fancy-schmancy one. Because as soon as I saw a reply here and went into CLASSIC, I found what I knew had to be the problem. For me...I had NO saturation problem. The answer was in designating the signal output from my FX5900 to be S-Video-Out...it was on Composite Video-Out; ie, it changed when I updated driver.

I have often said it to friends who are willy-nilly about going for the latest and greatest version of something r/t software or hardware...sometimes it's best to stick with what works; ie, less clutter and resource hogging and no wasteful features you don't need.

Alright, enough rambling from me...just so darn happy I got it fixed and I really do THANK YOU all of you for your help.

Comment

• david1211uk
            • Jan 2007

Hi

I also had B/W screen with my XFX 7900gt.
            Contacted XFX but they told me what I had already tried as I had been scouring the net for answers to no avail.
            Found my own solution as the adaptor which came with my GFX card had only YOUT used for HDTV, this doesn't work with standard tv that is why I only had B/W screen. So went to Maplin and got S-VHS lead

www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=28795&criteria=s-video&doy=5m1

the problem I had is that my GFX card has 9 pin connection & the S-VHS has 4 pin and a little plastic bit on the top preventing it plugging in, so I carefully with tweezers snapped off the plastic then inserted into pc.

I then used a S-VHS/Composite Video Convertor to plug into the S-VHS

www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=28733&criteria=composite&doy= 5m1

Lastly used Audio/Video Hi-Fi Phono Lead to plug into S-VHS/Composite Video Convertor

www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=35900&criteria=video%20lead&d oy=5m1

Finally plugged the Audio/Video Hi-Fi Phono Lead, the yellow lead into my tv.

Found I had colour on my tv at last.

Hope this helps someone out.

Comment

• RockNRev
              Computer Dude
              • Jan 2007

I think this one is as simple as just checking your S-video cable. Ninety nine times out of one hundred, when you see an NVidia card producing a black & white TV display, it is because the S-video cable has either come slightly loose from the card or the TV (usually it's on the card side.) -Cheap card and cable doesn't fit very well. Also, check your cable for bent or missing pins. Again, cheap cable, known for bent or broken pins.

Just check it. I know it's weird to see any display at all if a cable is loose, and the natural way to think is that if there is a display at all, the cable must be connected properly, but seriously, just check it. I'll bet that's the simple solution to your problem.

Let me know, ay?

Comment

• burnsah
                • Jan 2007

Hi there, seems like the most knowledge that's out there about s-video problems with the NVIDIA card I have are in this thread

I have read through the posts here and it looks like they mostly have to do with problems that assume the TV is receiving a signal in the first place. Now, assuming I believe 100% that the cable is 100% tight in both places, please allow me explain my circumstances.

My card is an FX5200. I just purchased a brand-new 4-pin s-vid/s-vid cable today in the hopes that I could run dual displays with my current monitor and my new TV (which has a 4-pin s-vid port on aux1). Everything's plugged in it seems, although the end going into my card seemed to slide in a bit too smoothly, and I am not receiving any signal on aux1 of my TV at all.

I hope that the solution to my problem is something simple such as a problem at the card end of my connection with the cable being too loose or something, but I am posting here just to see if any of you might have any further suggestions for me. Thanks

Comment

• pingu
                  • Feb 2007

you guys seem to know what your in about please could you help
                  i am a newbie so sorry in advance
                  i have a nvidia fx5200 i have the same problem as some other people black and white , i have had the card for about 3 months now first of all it worked fine colour was perfect now for some reason its in black and white ???? i havent changed any settings it is connected via svideo to scart adaptor
                  read some of the things to try on the site still no joy saturation level etc
                  please help as football in black and white is not fun to watch !

thanks

Comment

• meneerdijk
                    • Feb 2007

Originally Posted by Kenif
                    Listen guys, it definitely works.
                    I had this problem last year, I only found the solution about two months back scouring forums.

One solution was
                    http://camp0s.altervista.org/sVideo/sVideo.htm (not used this myself, found it on wikipedia)

The solution I used:

(this is a guide I made up after mucking around for ages)

I tried to wrap wire around the two pins, but it kept falling out (after somehow working first time). The solution i suggest has worked perfectly for 2 months.
                    I registered to this forum just so i could thank you for providing me with the solution! My black/white problems are finally over!

thanks!!!!

Comment

• Froberg
                      • Feb 2007

Sweet mary mother of God!

I LOVE YOU KENIF!

It's a shame I didn't see your fix until I had spent the better part of two hours trying to fiddle with wires inside the damn connectors with my massively too large fingers for such micro-work.

I gave you referrer credit, as you were the sole reason I joined here Anyway, I went ahead and linked to it on my site too, so more people can have an easier time of fixing this than I had.

You sir, are awesome. Thank you, thank you THANK YOU!

Comment

• patrinos
                        • Apr 2007

First of all, THANK YOU for this thread. I am searching for 2 days now for a solution to the B&W problem on my new 7600 GS 256Mb (ForceWare 91.47). And only registered to this forum to give my thanks and contribute my experience.

I used to clone video to my TV output without any problems for 3.5 years on my older MSI nvidia using a s-video-to-RCA adaptor (the one with the tiny cable in between the 2 plugs) and a 15m rca cable to connect to the TV (on a scart-to-RCA adaptor of course). The card died after a general power failure in my neighborhood (next thing to buy: UPS). I was desperate and furious with nvidia for giving me problems on something I payed 150 euros for and was supposed to be so much better than my older card.

The solution that worked for me is that by tomstein on page 4 of this thread:

Got rid of my old s-video-to-RCA adaptor and connected the provided S-video-to-4cables (Svideo, Blue RCA, Red RCA, Green RCA) on the card. Then connected my RCA cable to the Blue one, switched to "Composite" on the TV pane in Nvidia Settings and... COLOR! And... life back to normal.

Comment

• drmz
                          • Apr 2007

My Tv-Out worked for about 6-7 months until this week. Black & White again. Got color till after startup. Tried everything possible but with 0 results. THis seems to happen sometimes but i never get it back to work in less then 10 minutes.

bleh

Comment

• icerfish
                            • Apr 2007

Originally Posted by Kenif
                            Listen guys, it definitely works.
                            I had this problem last year, I only found the solution about two months back scouring forums.

One solution was
                            http://camp0s.altervista.org/sVideo/sVideo.htm (not used this myself, found it on wikipedia)

The solution I used:

(this is a guide I made up after mucking around for ages)

I tried to wrap wire around the two pins, but it kept falling out (after somehow working first time). The solution i suggest has worked perfectly for 2 months.
                            THANK YOU SO MUCH KENIF! This trick works perfectly and can now see colour on my TV YAY! Much much appreciated

Stupid NVIDIA lol

Comment

• msilveira
                              • Apr 2007

Yes, yes, yes and YESSSSSSSSS!!!

That SHVS pins 3-4 shortening seems to do the trickery for all cases! TVs are so lame!

In my case, I'm in Brazil, we don't have SCART standard here, Only COMPOSITE, SVHS and COMPONENT. Using COMPOSITE here!

I was blaming Nvidia, because that's true, something in the drivers or the new cards has changed. During Cold Boot/Windows StartUP, the video card is using VESA, when it loads the NVIDIA driver, things change. I realised it because I work with linux full the time(Windows is an arcade to me... cedega will overcome this issue ) and I use text mode most of the time, this led me to use X's default driver when watching movies, it worked well... not as fast as the official.
                              I think old cards/drivers did this trick in SW/HW level instead of providing an adapter with these pins shorted. I think i should have done this before, because the screen's brightness is much better than with my old FX5200. Now I own a FX6200.

Don't leave Nvidia, their cards are greate, they've got greate support, they support linux ().

Anyone know beryl for linux? (search youtube for keyword "beryl")
                              I've been trying to get this amazing piece of technology working on my hp zv6130, wich has an ATI Radeon 200M, to work with beryl for days....
                              They oficially don't support linux

That's it (YES! ) Thanks everybody for this topic replies, led me to solve this problem... I can't beleieve how cute it was my "improvisation" for the adapter, no soldering needed

Duvan's picture on page 4 shows exactly what to do, I use a piece of a twisted pair network cable to do the trickery.

My Cinema is back again!!!!
                              PS: I registered just to thank and make public tha THIS IS THE SOLUTION for both SCART and COMPOSITE.

Comment

• msilveira
                                • Apr 2007

That's why I love Linux...

Just an update: For composite/svhs output, Linux RULES!

The image quality is superb under linux when using composite cable with the svhs adapter. As stated at my previous post, it's better than ever! Maybe it's about the control over ver/hor refresh under linux...

Linux windows!

Comment

Working...