Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pharaoh2653
    • Feb 2006

converting ifo to wmv, mpeg, etc

does anyone know of a way to convert dvd ifo files to something i would be able to use on my Creative Zen Vision M? preferrably a free way.
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Creative Zen Vision:M has a decent list of video format support, including MPEG-4, WMV, Motion JPEG, DivX, and XviD
    I think you can use Gordian Knot or AutoGK to do the job for you beautifully, specially with XviD or DivX. Get them here:

Download Gordian Knot for free. Gordian Knot started out as a simple bitrate calculator for DivX encoding but has evolved to become an integrated package or tool for the entire process of DivX/XviD encoding.

For tutorial, you can read the material from the link here:

Regards

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

also make sure you know exactly what specs (audio/video codec, resolution, framerate, max bitrate, container, etc) the zen supports, make sure its within limits, and encode accordingly
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• pharaoh2653
        • Feb 2006

is there anything else i could use to convert the vob files to a useable type something not so complicated
        Last edited by pharaoh2653; 6 Feb 2006, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• pharaoh2653
          • Feb 2006

nevermind it converts vob itself i must have been doing something wrong

Comment

• grapefruit
            • Mar 2006

pharaoh2653 how did it convert vob itself? i'm trying to do the same thing...

Comment

Working...