X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlienX69
    Interstellar Traveler
    • Feb 2005

Netflix sues Blockbuster !

I don't use the service, a friend at work happened to point this out !

AX
  • Furiousg
    If you have any poo....throw it now
    • Dec 2005

Seems kind of odd to me that a patent could be issued for a service like that. I do like, however, that Blockbuster is being sued LOL
    -FuriousG-

Comment

• AlienX69
      Interstellar Traveler
      • Feb 2005

Yes I doubt if it will stand, I think that is even mentoned in the article !

AX

Comment

• MikeyBK
        Digital Video Maniac
        • Feb 2006

If it does stand, it could only be a bad thing for the consumers. It would lead to Netflix once again trying to monopolize the online services and evetually to higher prices, IMO.
        I think Blockbusters is starting to make a dent into Netflixs' business, so Netflix is getting a little antsy. I switched from Netflix to BlockbusterOnline because Netflix wouldn't regularly send me the new releases, making me wait sometimes months for them. With Blockbusters, I get a in-store coupon each week and I just go to the store location and pick up the new releases onTuesday mornings. I've also heard that Blockbusters would start shipping movies from their store locations to their online customers, well I just received one of my movies in my queue from a store location 15 mins from my house.
        MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
        Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
        ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
        Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
        XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
        Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
        Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
        *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
        *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

Blockbuster (the store) is cool, as I got some free rentals from a Sprite cap, so I could get some movies the library didn't have, which was nice.
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

• Furiousg
            If you have any poo....throw it now
            • Dec 2005

I don't do any online renting ( other than X360 games ), so I don't think it would affect me very much. But who knows, it could snowball into something bigger .
            -FuriousG-

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Nov 2004

Hey Shaggy4;

I don't know about how anyone else here feels about it but I find your SPAM offensive. You aren't telling the people here that you make money off of each person that uses the code. Why don't your take your SPAM and shove-it (and you know where I'm talking about)!

Blu; I'm wondering why when I look at the profile for Shaggy4 it shows he has made no posts although his post count shows 7?

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by Movie_Junkie
                Hey Shaggy4;

I don't know about how anyone else here feels about it but I find your SPAM offensive. You aren't telling the people here that you make money off of each person that uses the code. Why don't your take your SPAM and shove-it (and you know where I'm talking about)!

Blu; I'm wondering why when I look at the profile for Shaggy4 it shows he has made no posts although his post count shows 7?
                in that small amount of time he posted 9 of those in netflix threads
                I deleted all nine and banned him, please watch for rule 17 MJ

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by Chewy
                  in that small amount of time he posted 9 of those in netflix threads
                  I deleted all nine and banned him, please watch for rule 17 MJ
                  I'm sorry Chewy. I reacted before I thought about it.

Comment

• Gary D
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Dec 2005

Here is great in interview with the CEO of netflix:

I think it is wonderful that 2 giants are fighting. When they quit fighting each other and do what they are supposed to do, service will be better.

It it interesting that Time Warner, BB, and NF want to get into the movie download business. You would select your movies in the morning before work and they would be downloaded to a TIVO (or like) receiver ready to play after supper.
                    Gary D

Comment

• jm1647
                      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                      • Apr 2005

I seen that.

What NF is trying to prevent is competition. Imagine only 1 telephone service, 1 internet site to shop at, 1 make of car like the old Model T days.

I hope the battle continues, the only one guaranteed to win is us, the consumer. And with Total Access I think BB is kicking butt, big time

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                        Queen of Digital Video
                        Queen of Digital Video
                        • Jan 2004

I sure hope that this fight kicks BB in the butt for better service.

As far as the download movies I think thats insane I really dont know to many people that want low quality (small file) downloads. A dvd is Much better then anything downloadable.

What are they going to do host 6 to 8 Gig files? I dont think so.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
                          I sure hope that this fight kicks BB in the butt for better service.
                          Not too much of a problem for me with BB, and BB even before Total Access was better than NF
                          Attached Files

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by jm1647
                            Not too much of a problem for me with BB, and BB even before Total Access was better than NF
                            Not all areas and states are getting the service you are though.

From where I am I hope for better service, I dont think it can get any worse here.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• jm1647
                              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
                              Not all areas and states are getting the service you are though.

From where I am I hope for better service, I dont think it can get any worse here.

I hope your getting the free ecoupons to use when they are not shipping like they say they will. And hopefully the store you go to is scanning the DVDs you swap in properly

Comment

Working...