X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ed klein
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

Decrypter/Imgburn won't burn ISO image created by Acronis True Image 9.0

Acronis True Image 9.0 build 3567 (hard drive and restore software) will let you create an image of the entire hard drive, operating system, reboot folders and files needed to reboot. (no longer need a seperate CD-R disk to reboot system)

With the removal of unnecessary restore points, and minor compression I was able to get my entire hard drive on one blank DVD-5 disk (4.7gb) as one ISO image file create by Acronis True Image, default name by Acronis,
    backup archives.tib

This one ISO image file burned great using outdated Roxio easy CD & DVD creator 6.

The problem is I can't get Decrypter/Imgburn to acknowledge this ISO file format and burn, I have changed the ISO image name to xxxxx.iso but still Decrypter and Imgburn does not accept this ISO image format.

I am thinking I need to change some options in Decrypter/Imgburn so it will acknowledge this ISO format created by Acronis and burn the disk.
    Thanks for any help.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

ed,

I am posting a link in Luk's imgburn forum, this seems a question for him?
    Probably should be addressed in the imgburn subforum here or in his support
    forum.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=65230

Comment

• LIGHTNING UK!
      Author of ImgBurn
      • Dec 2001

I've used true image a couple of times but I wasn't aware it made anything that you could burn onto dvd and then boot/restore from - all from a single disc - I've seen the normal recovery media bit.

Have you just taken a standard backup *.tib file and burnt it? Normally, *.tib files are not ISO files, they're Aronis's own special file format.

Is that disc now something you can boot from and restore your drive?

What's the exact version of the program you're running. Is it home / workstation / server?

What option are you selecting within True image in order to create this image.

There are no settings in ImgBurn that you can adjust, this would be something I need to implement support for.
      Last edited by LIGHTNING UK!; 23 Apr 2006, 03:22 AM.
      The Official ImgBurn Website

Comment

• ed klein
        Banned
        • Mar 2004

Chewy & Lighting UK,

I am using the Acronis True Image 9.0 home version build 3567. I am selecting the standard backup option to back-up the entire disk, either to the Acronis secure zone or create removal media DVD-5 disk,DVD+R disk.

With this build the instructions and options lets you create or back-up the entire hard disk, with the operation system, and the necessary folders and files normally on a seperate CD-R (boot-up disk) so according to Acronis this entire removal media disk can completely restore your hard drive if needed.

With unnecessary restore points removed, and minor compression I am able to put the entire hard drive on one DVD-5 blank disk DVD+R. Acronis default name for the file is backup archives.tib and that is the file I was trying to burn with Decrypter/Imgburn.

So what Lighting UK has said is the answer, that the *.tib files are not ISO files, they're Acronis own special file format, and that why they won't burn with Decrypter/Imgburn.

Thanks Chewy & Lighting Uk for your help.

Comment

• Triangle
          Banned
          • Nov 2006

Greetings,

Why not try out ISO-burner tool. This soft is free, extremely easy to use and yet never failed me. You might wish to give it a glance

SPAM link removed
          Last edited by blutach; 15 Nov 2006, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

Triangle,
            neither of your 2 posts reccomending that software have been on topic and seem like subtle spam to me, please read the rules. If you want to help people that's fine, but at least pick a thread and time that's appropriate.

Comment

• LIGHTNING UK!
              Author of ImgBurn
              • Dec 2001

They are spam.

Triangle has signed up on every forum going and just posts links to that site.

If you look at the email address he (well, 'it' as I assume it's a bot of some sort) signed up using, it's one (ad@...) from a site featured on that other one (must be a partner site) selling Active@ software.
              The Official ImgBurn Website

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

he posted in the wrong subforum this time
                Attached Files

Comment

• soup
                  Just Trying To Help
                  • Nov 2005

Don't like it never will.