Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VWTazman
    • Jun 2006

Urgent help please *.ajp need to convert this file

one of my best friends has been very badly beaten up(whole face shattered on one side by repeated kicking to the face) and i have it all on CCTV but the CCTV records in AJP format and the police are unable to view it so i need to convert it to any thing else MPEG4 AVI any thing

please help as he is having his reconstruction operation on thursday and need to get the B stard put away for a long time

many thanks

Taz
    can offer any advice on VW's if it helps
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

I'm sorry for your friend but please stop multiple posting and observe rule 11.

Your other threads have been deleted.

Regards
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

does it play in windows media player on your pc?
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• VWTazman
        • Jun 2006

no it doesnt but i am using media player 11

i also have a G4 mac i will try it on that

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

AJP files are from standalone DVRs. The software you received with your DVR will have the ability to convert the AJP file into individual AVI files.
          from the manufacturer's support database

We are a distributor of security and fire solutions. Our expertise in tailored solutions, project management and support for businesses of all sizes makes us the preferred distributor for Ireland and the UK by the worlds leading security brands.

Comment

• normmarks7
            • Dec 2006

How to view .ajp files

Hello,
            I just read your message. I don't know if nayone ever figured out how to view your file for you, but you can go to www.amebacctv.com and get a .ajp viewer. Click on SUPPORT accross the top of the page, then DRIVERS, then go down to the Eyecom 400 section. Download the Backup CD Player. Then use that program to open up the .ajp file. This is a player to view backup CD created with a DVR. Hope this helps.

Norm

Comment

• jpeg2000support
              • Jun 2007

AJP Files

Originally Posted by VWTazman
              one of my best friends has been very badly beaten up(whole face shattered on one side by repeated kicking to the face) and i have it all on CCTV but the CCTV records in AJP format and the police are unable to view it so i need to convert it to any thing else MPEG4 AVI any thing

please help as he is having his reconstruction operation on thursday and need to get the B stard put away for a long time

many thanks

Taz
              can offer any advice on VW's if it helps
              Taz,

I know the J2K DVMR Surveillance systems use this format. Are there any logo's or markings on the surveillance recorder that might give us a clue as to which system you have?

If it's the J2K dvr then you can get the AJP player at www.jpeg2000support.com

It's strictly a support website.

If you don't have any luck let me know and we will see if we can help you out with this one...

Jpeg2000support....
              Last edited by jpeg2000support; 12 Jun 2007, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• ryan-john
                • Jun 2007

Hi,

I have recently done a favour for a local shop keeper who was attacked. it was also in ajp format. I have some software i can email you but it is an ajp player. not a converter.

ryan.

Comment

• MacAngel
                  • Jul 2007

Hi!

I need help with this too!
                  I have a .ajp video file and I can't open it, I really need to do it.
                  I tried the AJPPLayer/BackupCDPlayer, but I get an error message:

"Unkown CD"

What can I do?

I can't find any info on the app either, to understand why a get that error message. Please any info is usefull.

Thanks in advance!!

MacAngel

Comment

• harry1
                    • Aug 2007

ajp/files

HI
                    I need help with this too
                    i have a ajp video file & i cant open it i tried everything i get an error message (unkown cd)
                    what can i do any info is usefull

Thanks
                    Harry

e-mail potter_bmw@yahoo.co.uk
                    Last edited by harry1; 10 Aug 2007, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• dspreadborough
                      • Sep 2007

Files and players

Hi there,

AJP (CCTV) files are exported video streams from a large number of cheap DVR's. There are currently 6 (could be more!) different players that are independent to the specific DVR that the disk was burnt on. Although the file is exported as .ajp from all of the different DVR's - there is no way of knowing what player it plays on! You just have to have all of them. Problems are occuring now with the J2K and the J2K_L player as they are very similar but won't play each others ajp file!!

The players are also very unstable and can miss out individual video streams or frames as they cannot cope with 16 streams of video (cameras).
                      The exported file has the video in it but the player can't show it!!

If I remember next week - I will get the list of all current ajp players and post it here!

There is another file extn (.dvr) that is giving the CCTV forensic community a few problems! There are about 5 players for this one and all completely different!

What a stupid situation the manufacturers have got themselves in!

David

Comment

• southvidjunk
                        • Sep 2007

AJP Player

Hi David,

I would really appreciate a list of current applications that can play AJP files. I have a similar problem as the other users of this site with playing some CCTV footage with a .ajp extension.

I have tried AJP player and Backup CD player but to no avail.

If you have a list of different players that I could try and locations that they can can be downloaded from I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Adam

Comment

• lgpaul
                          • Jun 2008

I know this topic is a bit old... I had the same problem but I found a link that works here
                          Code:
                          http://www.jpeg2000support.com/AJPPlayer.exe

This is an old player...

regards,
                          Paul

Comment

• schumy
                            • Dec 2010

Sorry guys, I have the same problem with everyone here.

Can anyone help ?

Thanx

Comment

• genr
                              • Dec 2010

thanks for helpful information...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎