Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sarathi
    • Nov 2006

Cant burn PS2 disc

Hey can someone help me out here, im a newbie. I tried extracting the PS2 disc to a ISO file then i wrote it to a DVD-RW. The files were extracted to the hard drive then i burned them to the blank disc( i burned the ISO). I even verified, everything worked out perfectly, but the PS2 told me that i didnt insert a PS2 format disc. I didnt know why the disc is not working. I think it may be cause of the following reason: when i burned the original PS2 disc to the hrad drive there were 2 files created, a ISO file and MDS file. Though i only used the source as the ISO file when i wrote the content from the hard drive to the rewritable disc.
  • Lownox
    • Jun 2005

PS2 do not like DVD-RW disc. Try the same process with a DVD-R disc and the game should work. If you are burning a single layer game ( 4.7g or less) you can use the ISO file. If you are burning a dual layer game (4.7g or more) you need to use the MDS so the layer break in the game will remain in same spot. ( There are very few dual layer PS 2 Games) I have been backing up PS2 games for 3 or 4 years and this method has worked for me using DVDD. Since Lightining UK wrote Imageburn it should work. Let me know how you do.
    AMD Athlon 2600+
    1G Ram
    (2) WD 120G HD
    Plextor 716A
    NEC 3550

Comment

• katzdvd
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2006

Hi sarathi,

but the PS2 told me that i didnt insert a PS2 format disc.
      Just a thought; you are using a modded ps2 or swap/coder discs aren't you? The ps2 won't play backed up games without either being mod-chipped or swap discs.

regards, katz

Comment

• ps2user703
        • Aug 2007

hey you know i bought like some game that didnt work and it has the files but it dont have the ps2 format file what do i have to do?

Comment

• Renfrewite
          • Sep 2007

I am new here, what program do you use to burn a PS2 game?

Comment

• gonwk
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

I think I heard Lownox say use "ImgBurn".

G!

Comment

• Lownox
              • Jun 2005

I'm from the old school and use DVD Decrypter. Like I said Lightning UK also wrote Imagburn it should work also. Good Luck.
              AMD Athlon 2600+
              1G Ram
              (2) WD 120G HD
              Plextor 716A
              NEC 3550

Comment

Working...