Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kilgor traut
    • Dec 2001

How do I embed subtitles?!?

So i am new, to divx encoding and stuff, so my questions may sound very stupid to all of you here, but you never know...
    So my problem is that: i wand to embedd subtitles into an AVI movie, from allready existin ones in a TXT file. If any one knows how to do that, or can tell me which is the software with the help of which i can do that, i very very gratefull, and will help with anything i can! If you CAN help me please contact me by my e-mail which is kilgor_traut@operamail.com. Thanx in advance...
  • restless
    • Dec 2001

hello kilgor!

I think you´ll need this

lg restless

Comment

• kilgor traut
      • Dec 2001

Thanx but...

Thanx a lot but this i have allready read... My quetion is not about how to rip the sumtitles, but how to embed allready ripped subtitles into a divx movie? it may seem pointless to you, i have to do that, please help me if you can.

Comment

• restless
        • Dec 2001

OK

What programs do you use for ripping and encoding?

restless

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Go to this site:

Digital Digest DivX XviD Software Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, XviD and AVI software, latest news and updates

and scroll down to "Subtitle Tools"

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Frotje
            • May 2003

Submux

Submux is a simple program. With this program you can mux avi with a subtitle. But it isn't as great as I hoped.
            I'm looking for other programs but I can't find any. Only 1 movie is working with subtitle which I encoded.
            If you have found a program, please tell me

Frotje

Comment

• Qyd
              Digital Video Technician
              Digital Video Technician
              • Oct 2002

If you want to embed the subtitles in the video frame, you can use VirtualDub with the subtitler plug-in. This uses SubStationAlpha subtitles so you have to convert them prior to loading them in VirtualDub (Subtitle Workshop can do that easily)

Comment

• DBCMakura
                • May 2003

Here you got an answer!

If you want to mux Subs with Avi-video i think this would be interesting for you:
                Search for the virtual Dub Subtitle plugin on the web (I would use google) then copy the plugin into your virtual dub folder and open virtual dub.Load your Avi file, select full precessing mode in the video setting, set a codec for video (important, if you don't the file will be biiiiig!), then select filter option, press add, select the plugin in you vd folder, scroll down the list, double click the plugin, select your subtitle file press okay. Don't forget to set the sound options to direct stream copy. Then go to file menu and save your avi file. After about an hour or so there you have youravi file with subs. It sound very coplicated but its easier than you expect.
                Otherwise you can use BSPlayer or MicroDVD*sweet* to have the subtitles on screen while you're watching your movie.
                To change the format of your subs take substation alpha or one of the converters you can find on divx-digest/software/subtitles
                Just try it.
                Hope i helped a little.
                See ya if ya want!
                DBCMakura
                DBC is rockin' tha Universe since 2001 and wont ever stop!!!

Comment

• Qyd
                  Digital Video Technician
                  Digital Video Technician
                  • Oct 2002

Actualy if you unzip Subtitler.vdf to the <b>plugins</b> sub-folder in your VirtualDub folder you will have it already in the filter list (it loads up when you start VirtualDub).

Comment

• DBCMakura
                    • May 2003

Sorry Qyd I simply fogot that...also you were first with the vd answer...
                    DBC is rockin' tha Universe since 2001 and wont ever stop!!!

Comment

Working...