X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ed klein
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

Littly Ditty On PowerDVD

PowerDVD is the first software Blu-ray player to support Blu-ray's Profile 1.1. If you want profile 1.1. discs, you will HAVE TO UPGRADE NOW and lose the ability to play AACS-less BD+ titles or play HD DVD or Blu-ray discs from your harddisc.

Last edited by ed klein; 6 Jan 2008, 01:55 AM.
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Signs of the future, I'm afraid, now that Blu-ray appears to be within reach of victory.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• doctorhardware
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2006

Looks like hd is going the way beta went in the early days of vcr's. Need some way to jump start hd.
      Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

Get rid of region control, and learn the lesson from music studios and stop all this DRM nonsense. Once this happens, HD (either Blu-ray or HD DVD) will be fine, especially computer based playback. If the studio's greed get in the way, then both current formats might fail, as people will wait for the next unified format.

There is already word from the Blu-ray camp that hardware prices won't drop anymore, and that they think $999 is the right price for hardware now that they believe HD DVD will soon be out of the picture. Remember that Blu-ray still have yet to release a Profile 2.0 player - only a Profile 2.0 player would match the hardware features of a $199 HD DVD player - if a Profile 1.1 player is $999, then I don't want to know what a Profile 2.0 player will cost.

And if Warner adds region control to their discs, then there is really no Blu-ray movies that I can buy from Amazon anymore, and with local prices being so high, it might stop my HD buying altogether (and a lot of people here in Australia are in the same boat). If this happens, then I hope HD DVD sticks around a bit longer so I can still buy some region free HD movies.

Comment

• mry110
          • Jan 2008

How does this affect iso's? Can you rip the disk to the hd with the content protection still intact, mount it using Daemon tools and play it back?

Will this method play BD+?

Comment

• ed klein
            Banned
            • Mar 2004

@mry110

Backing up your creation, with the protection removed, in ISO format and using the last version of PowerDVD that will play your creation on your hard drive will work.

BD+ disks will still require more research and development.

Comment

• admin
              Administrator
              • Nov 2001

BD+ is designed to stop things like this, since it's smart enough to detect things such as mounting or the absence of AACS. It's only a matter of time before ISO mounting no longer works either.

Comment

Working...